When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

542thruNthru

what happened to you

Oh cheer up Eeyore. It's all in fun.
llmZp6fCVb4ju.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You sound like my on road sup. "What happen to you yesterday?"

Just like I tell him. Can you be more specific? Things happen to me everyday.
I too like to play that game in order to filibuster and frustrate them personally, but make no mistake, they are trained in this line of questioning.

It is designed to fish for information that they don't have, making it an extremely dangerous game.

As a steward, unless I'm very confident in the employee sitting next to me, I shut it down....

.....because it's very hard to put toothpaste back in the tube, and impossible to unstrike a match.

dudebro

I too like to play that game in order to filibuster and frustrate them personally, but make no mistake, they are trained in this line of questioning.

It is designed to fish for information that they don't have, making it an extremely dangerous game.

As a steward, unless I'm very confident in the employee sitting next to me, I shut it down....

.....because it's very hard to put toothpaste back in the tube, and impossible to unstrike a match.

You forgot unring a bell in your metaphor festival. Good advice though.

542thruNthru

Too many members can't help but talk. I get so frustrated when it happens. I try and tell them after they shouldn't willingly just give out information that the sup isn't specifically asking for.

Though most ignore the advice, some have seen the error of their ways and have learned to zip it. Usually after having the info used against them.

Mind telling me how you shut it down when in with a employee. I'm always curious how stewards handle things differently.

F

Frankie's Friend

I tell em I was tired.

F

Frankie's Friend

We suggest our stewards should call a caucus with their members if things are going off the rails. Call a timeout, leave the room and tighten up the loose lips.
There's no way out except adopt a 40 IQ when you walk thru the office door.
I remember one older driver who wasted a minimum of 20 minutes going in circles with management when asked about his "overallowed".
The management all had blood red faces by the time they finally yelled at him to "just go to work"!

He was not even done reciting Mary had a little lamb for them! Lol
That was a classic that laurel and hardy couldn't beat.

F

Frankie's Friend

One girl would put her thumbs in her ears, wave her fingers, and say La La La I can't hear you.
The stuff she got by with was amazing. She was a legend dude. She was.

Inthegame

There's no way out except adopt a 40 IQ when you walk thru the office door.
I remember one older driver who wasted a minimum of 20 minutes going in circles with management when asked about his "overallowed".
The management all had blood red faces by the time they finally yelled at him to "just go to work"!

He was not even done reciting Mary had a little lamb for them! Lol
That was a classic that laurel and hardy couldn't beat.
As a rookie (way back when we had to feed the horses), I had a route where my first dump stop had to be delivered by 9AM or ten freight trucks would get ahead of me. At the PCM, the senior guys would ask dozens of questions, just infuriating the bossman. I knew my day was friend'd but I had to laugh anyway. Those guys were classic Teamsters. Seen alot of those "blood red faces".

F

Frankie's Friend

As a rookie (way back when we had to feed the horses), I had a route where my first dump stop had to be delivered by 9AM or ten freight trucks would get ahead of me. At the PCM, the senior guys would ask dozens of questions, just infuriating the bossman. I knew my day was friend'd but I had to laugh anyway. Those guys were classic Teamsters. Seen alot of those "blood red faces".
We will never forget the real men that made this company what it was back then.
The company's Psychology 201 has deep roots in the weak members now.
Those men stuck together as brothers protecting everyone's job and future.
They had spine.

F

Frankie's Friend

And PS/
I bet your start time was 8:30?