When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Based on the UPS Rising app, economic proposals will be introduced into negotiations this week! (Week of April 22nd 2018) . Here is where it will get interesting.

Source: https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/ups_update_april_13b.pdf
Yea, these "negotiations" will be taking this place in San Diego, California this week, instead of Fort Lauderdale, Florida where they have been meeting previously.

....another reasonably priced and affordable, centrally located venue???

That little tidbit was not included in the link you provided.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
the union wants 2.01 over six years, pay freeze for drivers and lower pension requirements minimum 100 dollars every 2 weeks for health insurance

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They went back and forth on tape. LP would show up and take all the tape out of an area because they said it encouraged pilfering. Ops would come back and put tape on every stair railing because we didn't tape up flap jobs during the sort and wrap-up would take too long.

As for time...someone always needed more attention than I did.
Yep.... we at ups were fighting about tape while fedex was out taking our customers....sounds about right for this company...SMMFH!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not worried about the contract, hopefully we go on strike.
I'll worry for you then???

....because in the end, many of my coworkers aren't prepared for or will suffer on the back end of a strike, while I will be fine no matter what.

I'm hoping UPS isn't dumb enough to try and reap more concessions this time and at least maintains the status quo, because we are most assuredly awake.

So I will continue to hold onto the hope that a decent, fair, and equitable contract can be reached without a strike, but if need be, I will be the first on the picket line....it's our only leverage and the notion of a strike must be on the table this time.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

....because in the end, many of my coworkers aren't prepared for or will suffer on the back end of a strike, while I will be fine no matter what.

I'm hoping UPS isn't dumb enough to try and reap more concessions this time and at least maintains the status quo, because we are most assuredly awake this time.

So I will continue to hold onto the hope that a decent, fair, and equitable contract can be reached without a strike, but if need be, I will be the first on the picket line....it's our only leverage and thew notion of a strike must be on the table this time.
I'm not voting yes on a bad contract because fellow upsers didnt plan 4 it

I'm hoping UPS isn't dumb enough to try and reap more concessions this time and at least maintains the status quo, because we are most assuredly awake.

So I will continue to hold onto the hope that a decent, fair, and equitable contract can be reached without a strike, but if need be, I will be the first on the picket line....it's our only leverage and the notion of a strike must be on the table this time.
Which concessions? None worse than the ‘97 pension.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Which concessions?
There aren't any concessions yet???

We won't know if there are any until a tentative agree is announced and the details released.

I participated in gathering proposals in my local and made a few of my own.
Now it's up to those elected to follow through on them, and until I know they haven't, I will not be critical of the job they are doing.
It just wouldn't be fair to do so.
None worse than the ‘97 pension.
There no concessions made in my pension during the negotiations and ratification ot the '97 contract.

There aren't any comcessions yet???

We won't know if there are any until a tentative agree is announced and the details released.

I participated in gathering proposals in my local and made a few of my own.
Now it's up to those elected to follow through on them, and until I know they haven't, I will not be critical of the job they are doing.
It just wouldn't be fair to do so.

There no concessions made in my pension during the negotiations and ratification ot the '97 contract.
Wasn’t the ups pension offer in ‘97 the exact same as what central states got in ‘08?

542thruNthru

Yea, these "negotiations" will be taking this place in San Diego, California this week, instead of Fort Lauderdale, Florida where they have been meeting previously.

....another reasonably priced and affordable, centrally located venue???

That little tidbit was not included in the link you provided.

You wouldn't happen to know where in San Diego would you? I'd love to stop by. My guess is the Manchester Grand Hyatt downtown.

542thruNthru

You can probably find some of them making the turn at Torrey Pines as we speak?

Lol I have a tee time Wednesday at Torrey Pines. I'll laugh my A* off if I see them there. I'll make sure to get pictures just to share.

Though I couldn't blame them. It's going to be a beautiful week this week. High 70s all week by the coast.