When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

542thruNthru

Yep... we had a few casualties from those latches failing and the “floor” coming down and knocking people in the back and in the head..took a couple in for stitches...

Had that happen to me a couple times. Also once all the floors were down I stepped on a roller in the middle. It fell out and my leg went through the rollers. I was lucky I didn't break my leg.

Maplewood

If UPS management is too chicken:censored2: to sit down and discuss forcing package car drivers to work 70 hours in a week then it's going to be a Strike. Until they figure that out there is nothing to discuss. Unless they are just going to give $10/hr raises to avoid bargaining in good faith and avoid a strike.

F

Frankie's Friend

I never worked a day in the hub yet will also never forget where I came from.
That's why you treat the part time employees like your door mat?
"One sided talks". "Face to face discussion".
Yeah dude you won't forget. Neither will the loaders and helpers you harassed over the yrs if they still work there.

dudebro

Yep... we had a few casualties from those latches failing and the “floor” coming down and knocking people in the back and in the head..took a couple in for stitches...
That's why you tested them and taped the suspect flaps to the wall with a quarter roll of tape!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The day after you retire, they will put another ass in the seat.
Therefore, you are = to 1 ass.
When SuckState retires, stock price will probably take a dip.
Imagine, the entire Brown Giant fleet of drivers made up of Daves tomorrow and stewards that are like the one at Dave's center that allows off the clock work.
Big Brown would need a third less drivers for the same production. Stock price would soar. Management would have even less to do ( if thats possible ).
Imagine.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's why you tested them and taped the suspect flaps to the wall with a quarter roll of tape!
Yeah... we just lived on the edge where I was at but we did have one guy who got knocked real good in the back of the head... came out of the trailer looking like something from a slasher movie... blood everywhere...

dudebro

And where did all this tape and time come from? Just get in there and unload you wimp.

They went back and forth on tape. LP would show up and take all the tape out of an area because they said it encouraged pilfering. Ops would come back and put tape on every stair railing because we didn't tape up flap jobs during the sort and wrap-up would take too long.

As for time...someone always needed more attention than I did.

ski or die

Ski or Die
I know the flaps were bad but there were worse things. In the late 60's when OSHA wasn't as powerful, the company would have a person climb up into the belts to break up pkg jams. Seeing an employee hanging by his arm with it caught between the underside of the belt and a roller was a lot worse.

dudebro

In the late 80s as a PT sup, I got up on the belts at 1030p to run my area and I got off them at 430a. They told us to stay off them, but I was 19.