Would you take concessions?

bigblu 2 you

back to the topic, i will not take any concessions,but i will accept any raises in wage and benefits,and more vacation time+early retirement.oh yea....i want my turkey back scott!!!

brown_trousers

back to the topic, i will not take any concessions,but i will accept any raises in wage and benefits,and more vacation time+early retirement.oh yea....i want my turkey back scott!!!

As a part-timer, we got bent over backwards last contract. If part-timers take anymore concessions next contract we will be working pro bono

bigblu 2 you

As a part-timer, we got bent over backwards last contract. If part-timers take anymore concessions next contract we will be working pro bono
you guys get bent because you wont fill out a ballot or show up at local meetings.i know most are young kids who dont intend to make a career of it and can be bought out easily but most pter's i talk to dont even know their local #,more less contract.

hembone

you guys get bent because you wont fill out a ballot or show up at local meetings.i know most are young kids who dont intend to make a career of it and can be bought out easily but most pter's i talk to dont even know their local #,more less contract.
You read my mind.

Billy Boxtosser

It's hard to attend union meetings when you have to work Saturdays and Sundays at your 2nd job.

U

uber

Yet, you were once a part-timer. Almost all drivers were at one time part-timers. Why bash the PT'ers its the beginning of the ladder everyone has to climb with the company. A lot are snot nose kids that dont care about the union meatings, but not all.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
There is unfortunately a major disconnect currently between some pt'ers and some ft'ers who choose not to participate in the decisions that shape ups every day now and also for the future. In right to work states many of both groups don't even pay dues but still manage to blame others for decisions that these same folks refuse to take part in. There is a day of reckoning a comin' when the more involved workers retire and the decisions will have to be made by those who still work here.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I heard on the radio that UPS's profits were up 26% for this quarter. Why we would even be discussing concessions in the first place is completely beyond me.

804brown

I heard on the radio that UPS's profits were up 26% for this quarter. Why we would even be discussing concessions in the first place is completely beyond me.

Because UPS is a greedy corporation that is never satisfied. We could create $10 billion in profits for them and it will not be enough. Why are we talking consessions?? Weak leadership plain and simple.

hembone

The only people talking about concessions are a few on BrownCafe. I haven't heard a word from the IBT about any concessions next contract.

JonFrum

The only people talking about concessions are a few on BrownCafe. I haven't heard a word from the IBT about any concessions next contract.
Like a guy who habitually cheats on his wife, the IBT doesn't talk about concessions, they just quietly do it. Again and again and again.

And if you look at the other deals Hoffa and crew have made, especially the devastating agreements at YRCW, you'll see the IBT is setting new records when it comes to concessions.

By the time July 31, 2013 rollls around, I'm expecting the IBT to make the ultimate concession and just collapse.

browned out

Because UPS is a greedy corporation that is never satisfied. We could create $10 billion in profits for them and it will not be enough. Why are we talking consessions?? Weak leadership plain and simple.

We are talking concessions because of the disproportion of management personell compared to hourlys on browncafe. The weak Hoffa leadership does not help.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Like a guy who habitually cheats on his wife, the IBT doesn't talk about concessions, they just quietly do it. Again and again and again.

And if you look at the other deals Hoffa and crew have made, especially the devastating agreements at YRCW, you'll see the IBT is setting new records when it comes to concessions.

By the time July 31, 2013 rollls around, I'm expecting the IBT to make the ultimate concession and just collapse.

Hoffa and crew dont make any "concessions" themselves.

They negotitate for what they feel is the best agreement possible...and then put that proposal to a vote of the membership.

We will get the contract that we the membership vote for. More importantly, we will get the contract that we the membership are willing to go out on strike for.

It is a bit of a cop-out to blame Hoffa for the shortcomings of a contract proposal that we collectively voted to ratify by a popular vote.

hembone

I hope you are more upbeat about other things in life.

MFR2010

UPS isn't making record profits off us. Look at the earnings a little bit closer, small package has been about flat every quarter. So we should get more because other parts of the company are growing and profiting? And a strike, are you kidding, if we were to strike in 2013, half the jobs would never come back. Then what would we have gained? Jonfrum, really devastating concessions at YRWC. If it wasn't for those devastating concessions, YRWC would be gone. What's so devastating about that? Some of you can be so greedy.

40 and out

Comparing UPS to a company that would cease to exist without concessions is crazy. There will be no concessions as long as Ups keeps making profit like they are now.

804brown

UPS isn't making record profits off us. Look at the earnings a little bit closer, small package has been about flat every quarter. So we should get more because other parts of the company are growing and profiting? And a strike, are you kidding, if we were to strike in 2013, half the jobs would never come back. Then what would we have gained? Jonfrum, really devastating concessions at YRWC. If it wasn't for those devastating concessions, YRWC would be gone. What's so devastating about that? Some of you can be so greedy.

Without the brown trucks out on the street and us in those trucks moving that work, "logistics" couldnt even exist. "Small package has been flat..." Are you kidding me?? The entire global economy has been flat. The profits come from our increased productivity: doing more with less.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Without the brown trucks out on the street and us in those trucks moving that work, "logistics" couldnt even exist. "Small package has been flat..." Are you kidding me?? The entire global economy has been flat. The profits come from our increased productivity: doing more with less.

The profits come from international shipments and some of the other divisions within UPS.