10 step pay raises

Meat

And you live in some fantasyland to think anyone can come in and make pronouncements and it's so just like that. Especially when you've got the press slamming him on every last word he utters and chickenschitt Congressmen vascillating with every wind.

Fantasy land? Considering my track record of predicting EXACTLY what transpires, I would say I have a pretty firm grip on reality. By the way, did you leave your reading comprehension skills north of the border? I didn't say a word about the efficacy of the Trump administration; I was just pointing out (needlessly so) that Trump's appointments and policies are the antithesis of populism.

vantexan

Fantasy land? Considering my track record of predicting EXACTLY what transpires, I would say I have a pretty firm grip on reality. By the way, did you leave your reading comprehension skills north of the border? I didn't say a word about the efficacy of the Trump administration; I was just pointing out (needlessly so) that Trump's appointments and policies are the antithesis of populism.
You haven't given him time. Let's see how it shakes out. And EXACTLY? Yeah, right.

Oldfart

He is doing something about it.

Would you work at a $20 level for $16?
What exactly IS he doing about it?

Did they not tell people what they were to be paid when they were hired? If they didn't, I can understand people's complaints. If they told you the pay you would earn and you took the job, apparently you agreed to do the job for the salary they offered.

You mention working a $20 level for $16. Does that mean that people that make MORE than $20 an hour are OVERPAID?

fdxsux

What exactly IS he doing about it?

Did they not tell people what they were to be paid when they were hired? If they didn't, I can understand people's complaints. If they told you the pay you would earn and you took the job, apparently you agreed to do the job for the salary they offered.

You mention working a $20 level for $16. Does that mean that people that make MORE than $20 an hour are OVERPAID?
Yes, they did tell me what they would pay me. They told me I could get a 6.5% raise each year, they would give me a traditional pension, and I would have affordable insurance. I told them I would work hard. Guess what? No more 6.5% raises. No more traditional pension. No more affordable health insurance. I don't work so hard these days.

SmithBarney

Yes, they did tell me what they would pay me. They told me I could get a 6.5% raise each year, they would give me a traditional pension, and I would have affordable insurance. I told them I would work hard. Guess what? No more 6.5% raises. No more traditional pension. No more affordable health insurance. I don't work so hard these days.
And they still tell new hires this 6-10% raises every year...

Oldfart

6.5% raises? We have never gotten 6.5% yearly raises.
Try being truthful instead of making excuses. We have never gotten 6.5% raises for them to take away. Maybe once or twice they made an adjustment, but a steady 6.5% raise has never been the norm. You are just trying to justify a poor work ethic if that is your best argument.

Affordable insurance. I pay about $200 a month for family health, dental and vision. Sounds pretty affordable to me. Ask some of your customers what they pay? With the exception of a few, our premiums are gonna be better than many.

You do tell the truth about the traditional. But in today's workforce, a traditional pension is a thing in the past. It barely exists. The portable has a few advantages that the traditional didn't. If a person was single, the traditional had no provision to leave your pension to anyone other than a spouse. You die, it went away. The portable can be left to anyone. If a person is counting on a pension alone to retire on, he will be eating beenie weenies in retirement. You retire on your 401k and your pension will supplement that. Your traditional was about 50% of your best 5 years salary. If you want to live comfortably in retirement, you better have more than 50% coming in.

Oldfart

And they still tell new hires this 6-10% raises every year...
I just had a new hire ride with me. He showed me the packet they gave him. The pay scale was in that packet. I clearly shows the progression that was shown in the top of this post. NO WHERE was 6.5% raises in there.

Talk about telling lies!!!

Meat

6.5% raises? We have never gotten 6.5% yearly raises. Try being truthful instead of making excuses. We have never gotten 6.5% raises for them to take away. Maybe once or twice they made an adjustment, but a steady 6.5% raise has never been the norm. You are just trying to justify a poor work ethic if that is your best argument

It sort of depends when you signed on. I'm sure your generation saw many years where there were no pay increases whatsoever. However, from my understanding, the decade preceding 2008 generally had increases of 6 plus percent, assuming your review was near the top - your prospective greatly depends on what era of the company you were hired in.

Affordable insurance. I pay about $200 a month for family health, dental and vision. Sounds pretty affordable to me. Ask some of your customers what they pay? With the exception of a few, our premiums are gonna be better than many.

It's not the premiums that people are pissed off about; it's the deductible.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It sort of depends when you signed on. I'm sure your generation saw many years where there were no pay increases whatsoever. However, from my understanding, the decade preceding 2008 generally had increases of 6 plus percent, assuming your review was near the top - your prospective greatly depends on what era of the company you were hired in.

It's not the premiums that people are :censored2: off about; it's the deductible.
I'm sure he doesn't have to deal with trivial things like deductibles in his Bubble of Goodness. Everyone is always happy and healthy there.

Meat

I'm sure he doesn't have to deal with trivial things like deductibles in his Bubble of Goodness. Everyone is always happy and healthy there.

In his defense, some of his views have merit. From what I have seen, the employees that are the most vociferous in regards to their dislike of the company are usually the ones that never apply for other jobs.

vantexan

6.5% raises? We have never gotten 6.5% yearly raises.

Try being truthful instead of making excuses. We have never gotten 6.5% raises for them to take away. Maybe once or twice they made an adjustment, but a steady 6.5% raise has never been the norm. You are just trying to justify a poor work ethic if that is your best argument.

You do tell the truth about the traditional. But in today's workforce, a traditional pension is a thing in the past. It barely exists. The portable has a few advantages that the traditional didn't. If a person was single, the traditional had no provision to leave your pension to anyone other than a spouse. You die, it went away. The portable can be left to anyone. If a person is counting on a pension alone to retire on, he will be eating beenie weenies in retirement. You retire on your 401k and your pension will supplement that. Your traditional was about 50% of your best 5 years salary. If you want to live comfortably in retirement, you better have more than 50% coming in.
You topped out quickly way back when so I guess you aren't aware but for years raises were based on our review score. Got a 6.5 review, got a 6.5% raise. Maximum of 7% potentially.

Meat

You topped out quickly way back when so I guess you aren't aware but for years raises were based on our review score. Got a 6.5 review, got a 6.5% raise. Maximum of 7% potentially.

I already posted that, essentially. Quit wasting your limited bandwidth.

vantexan

In his defense, some of his views have merit. From what I have seen, the employees that are the most vociferous in regards to their dislike of the company are usually the ones that never apply for other jobs.
Yeah, I guess those of us who hung in there for the pension despite the crappy raises, then had the pension plan terminated, should have been out there in a near collapsed economy looking for something better. You work close to 15 years next to people not only making considerably more than you but are getting bigger raises than you, then have them screw you on your pension too, and then come talk to me about complainers. Of course you're just trolling to get a rise out of us but if you haven't put in the time under those conditions then you don't have a clue.

Meat

Yeah, I guess those of us who hung in there for the pension despite the crappy raises, then had the pension plan terminated, should have been out there in a near collapsed economy looking for something better. You work close to 15 years next to people not only making considerably more than you but are getting bigger raises than you, then have them screw you on your pension too, and then come talk to me about complainers. Of course you're just trolling to get a rise out of us but if you haven't put in the time under those conditions then you don't have a clue.

That is why you NEVER stop working on your marketable skills. Tell me, how many times did you take advantage of the tuition reimbursement? You claim that you knew decades ago that America was leaving a certain section of its population behind. If your so prescient, why didn't you prepare or take advantage of the tuition reimbursement? Sounds like another classic case of somebody sitting on their derrière, waiting for the government to solve their problems - conservative values, indeed!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That is why you NEVER stop working on your marketable skills. Tell me, how many times did you take advantage of the tuition reimbursement? You claim that you knew decades ago that America was leaving a certain section of its population behind. If your so prescient, why didn't you prepare or take advantage of the tuition reimbursement? Sounds like another classic case of somebody sitting on their derrière, waiting for the government to solve their problems - conservative values, indeed!
So really, what kind of position do you hold at FedEx? You were obviously "pulling our leg" when you said you were the 17 year-old son of an executive. I'm curious.

Oldfart

It's not the premiums that people are :censored2: off about; it's the deductible.
My deductible is $1850. The years with a $500 deductible went out with bias belted tires. Do some research and you will see that anyone with a $1500 or lower deductible is either a government worker or a union worker. Ask your customers what their deductible is. Many are higher than mine. Most of them don't get the $900 HRA account we get. You roll over some of that and next thing you know, your sitting on an HRA account that has enough to pay your deductible. Insurance is the biggest problem every American faces today. Premiums, deductibles, limits on what it will or won't cover is not isolated to FDX.

Concerning the pay increases. You must not have worked here before 2008 because it was "your understanding" how raises went. If I make a few more dollars than newer employees because I am topped out, and they are getting up to 7% raises and I am getting 3%, why am I still making a few more dollars that those same employees? If he is getting 7%, that is about $1.25 per year. I am getting 3%, which is .60 or so. In 3 or 4 years, he has gotten close to $3.75 in raises and I have gotten less than $2. Why is the difference in our salary still the same few dollars. I have never heard of any review resulting in a 7% raise, but if you say it did, I will just have to believe you. I just don't see how anyone could get double my raise for a number of years and still make less than me.