Amazon raises its minimum wage to $15 an hour

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Driverless vehicles will be in the not to distant future. We are all fcked.
Just listened to someone on CNBC talking about them yesterday. Said truely driverless vehicles that work everywhere are 10-15 years away. And then at what cost?

It will happen eventually though and it will be interesting because you are talking millions of jobs lost.

MAKAVELI

Just listened to someone on CNBC talking about them yesterday. Said truely driverless vehicles that work everywhere are 10-15 years away. And then at what cost?

It will happen eventually though and it will be interesting because you are talking millions of jobs lost.
The technology is advancing a lot faster than that. If we can send unmanned probes to the sun and deep space, driverless cars really isn't out of the realm in the near future.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The technology is advancing a lot faster than that. If we can send unmanned probes to the sun and deep space, driverless cars really isn't out of the realm in the near future.
He said works everywhere. An alley was an example he gave. That would be the equivalent of working on country roads and stuff.

We still have counties here that don't have a 911 address system. Those will be a pain to navigate.

I agree the tech is moving fast and within 5 years or so we will have cars that can drive themselves on the highways and major roads but there is a long ways to go from there to being safe to drive absolutely anywhere.