trickpony1

You shouldn't lose your bid run to a contractor.

I agree but the company has guaranteed these people work...otherwise they would go somewhere else which would pose a real problem during peak.

My run occasionally changes to a single because the gypsies took my doubles. It all works out...trust me.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I agree but the company has guaranteed these people work...otherwise they would go somewhere else which would pose a real problem during peak.

My run occasionally changes to a single because the gypsies took my doubles. It all works out...trust me.

They did that to me the first two days, then has nothing for me the third, so they sent me 290 miles to my meet with an empty. Since then I got them to give me a different set of doubles. So all is good for now.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have an agreement with UPS that when they run gypos they have to give us work to fulfill our 60 hours. I just heard some places were cutting hours for some hubs that uses gypsies.
I miss the old avatar. Cracked me up every time! lol

pQ200y.gif

dudebro

When I was planning, the last thing we would do is plan a doubles run on an outside carrier, because you never knew if the carrier who showed up was doubles qualified.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They used to guarantee them round trip pay, even if they had to TO back to where they originated, to ensure there was enough in the gypsy pool to move all the loads.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They would sometimes give the independents our sets, but if we had set pay built into our bid job, and send us with 53'ers, but still pay us set pay to avoid grievences.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
When I was planning, the last thing we would do is plan a doubles run on an outside carrier, because you never knew if the carrier who showed up was doubles qualified.
I built a set for an independent one night. He told me he had never pulled a set before, nor did he have the endorsement on his CDL. Dispatch didn't care as long as the loads left the yard.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I also had an independent tell me he single handedly double tripped Mesquite-Houston back to back. It's a 10.5-11.00 hour round trip (back before they raised the speed limit)

GameCockFan

I shifted for four hours on the yard in the rain tonight. Contractor pulled my set to meet point. Not happy lol. I bid a swing route this time, regular driver said they had done that to him every night this week. Here they don't give you 60 hours if using contractors. However I'm working my off day getting 60 and some double time on Sundays also. So it evens out I guess

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The gypsies can drop a trailer in our yard, but we give them their trailer off property with a shifter.
No way would they let one put it on a door.