33 year veteran, I’m a porter now and make the same hourly rate, boom!!!!!! Good luck and work hard, drive agressive but safe, adopt a good work ethic, be personable and fast, accuracy is a must also.
Making tons of green . You must do alot for your family. You started as package handler or driver? Ups play the patient game
I dont like usps because they adding inside camera in carrier truck next year

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Making tons of green . You must do alot for your family. You started as package handler or driver? Ups play the patient game
I dont like usps because they adding inside camera in carrier truck next year
Started as a driver off the street in 1986. Got lucky. Wow , didn’t know about the cameras in the truck. That’s micromanaging at its finest. We thought uPs was gonna do that 5 years ago due to the constant texting

UPSBenali

Hi all

Looking for a little bit of insight here.

I completed integrad now 3 weeks ago and I still have not been called in yet. They keep telling me to "be patient" and "we have a lot of guys to train" etc. Etc. ... it is, to put it lightly, frustrating to call in there every day at 8 a.m. just to be told "No, nothing today ,the call me tomorrow" with no explanation other than be patient and we will get to you.

It is going to be 4 weeks since I completed training. My girlfriend and I's relationship is very stressed now because HR gave us the impression that while this is seasonal I was going to start right away. It is insane to me they'd convey this great sense of urgency only to have people wait weeks to start. People have families and a host of other obligations.

I'm sorry if my tone here is off, just a rough situation. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hi all

I completed integrad now 3 weeks ago and I still have not been called in yet. They keep telling me to "be patient" and "we have a lot of guys to train" etc. Etc. ... it is, to put it lightly, frustrating to call in there every day at 8 a.m. just to be told "No, nothing today ,the call me tomorrow" with no explanation other than be patient and we will get to you.

It is going to be 4 weeks since I completed training. My girlfriend and I's relationship is very stressed now because HR gave us the impression that while this is seasonal I was going to start right away. It is insane to me they'd convey this great sense of urgency only to have people wait weeks to start. People have families and a host of other obligations.

I'm sorry if my tone here is off, just a rough situation. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Lots of good stories here start off with "HR said..."

Long story short, you're screwed.
Depending on your center, you might not go out till Thanksgiving.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hi all

Get a different job. And when ups finally says, come on in, tell them to go eat a sandwich.