For all new hires, go here (on topic)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by toonertoo, Nov 4, 2014.

1. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You should do great when you get a bunch of dip:censored2:s out on the road
    Talking on the phone and texting paying zero attention to driving

SMH

2. SLW

SLW New Member

I'm doing fine with that, probably because I'm so used to it, and was also given methods for dealing with it on my end.

Seems weird this wasn't something we did at Integrad. Wish I had the opportunity to practice without holding up drivers. I've been backing into every spot with my personal car now, but obviously it's not at all the same.

3. Skull_Leader

Skull_Leader New Member

Yo! New seasonal PVD guy. I haven't started yet, so I have no idea what I'm in for... I originally thought it would be Full time, but now I guess it's part time? What kind of hours should I expect? Would I have any chance at all of being taken on as a FT Driver after the Season?
    I'm kind of having second thoughts...

4. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

@scooby0048 this seems like something you could enlighten the lad on

5. Under.m69

Under.m69 New Member

This has been a long 4 weeks so I do the first interview the guy from hr tells me to call him next day about if I decide to join in on the process. So I do 3 weeks. Flys. Bye nothing so I drive over to the local ups tells me to come back tomorrow so I show up do a lot of paperwork background check go home do all i9 paperwork do the dot clean driving record nothing there so now I am waiting for background check. Had stuff 21 years ago can’t change the past still have not done the drive skill and no DIad training
    Have the password and such is this normal ?

6. Under.m69

Under.m69 New Member

So live in Maryland any advise ? The position I applied for is seasonal delivery driver

7. Be patient, they will contact you by first week of November.

8. JAS2017

JAS2017 New Member

Can anyone tell me how the HSA works. I received the card, is this me putting money on to this card? Have worked for Union before and they put the money on the HSA so wondering if this is similar or completely different. Love how I am left to figure things out on my own Loving my job though and tuition program.

9. Under.m69

Under.m69 New Member

I have decided to just go with the flow let things happen as they do and not to react to doubt myself things will be all right

10. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

C13EDDED-D3F7-4EBB-A539-340EED01DCBB.jpeg

11. Under.m69

Under.m69 New Member

Mr you are one funny human lol

12. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

@Wally ^^^^^^

BOOM!!!

13. Under.m69

Under.m69 New Member

Do you know the answer to my previous question

14. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

It’s ups they’re gonna do what they do when they get ready to do it

Nobody knows the answer to your question

15. Under.m69

Under.m69 New Member

Thanks for being straight forward

16. BottleTheDjinn

BottleTheDjinn New Member

Hey guys! I’ve been working at UPS for a little over a month(I’m about a week from being in the union) will I get cut before I become part of the union? I’m on preload and I get my trucks done 9/10 before start time. I don’t complain, I show up on time. Etc. I wasn’t worried but this guy said the managers will cut all the new hires before they become part of the union. He might just be screwing with me though. Haha. I’m sure this has been asked before..

17. MKJ

MKJ New Member

Can people post/share with me what types of work tasks/work positions are on the Preload Shift (3am-830am) Thanks

18. Packagefuturebrown

Packagefuturebrown New Member

I am driver helper. i went through interview, finished all orientation online and confirm to join text message to know my first day. How long do i need to wait to find out when my first day as a driver helper? I received no call or text From the manager.

19. Packagefuturebrown

Packagefuturebrown New Member

Should
    I apply
    To be a seasonal driver i want to drive a a package truck.

20. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

I’d skip driving go straight for part time supe