TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Will my application status change if I get hired or not?
The application status online isn't important and often isn't accurate or up to date. BB58 referred you to this post to read the entry about "How long does it take..." regarding your other post asking about how long it would take to hear back from HR.

lilladydi218

Do they typically start using the helpers before thanksgiving? I got hired and had orientation but haven't been called out yet. I'm trying to be patient. I looked around for similar topics and haven't seen anything so I figured I would ask here. Thank you

rod

Retired 22 years
Do they typically start using the helpers before thanksgiving? I got hired and had orientation but haven't been called out yet. I'm trying to be patient. I looked around for similar topics and haven't seen anything so I figured I would ask here. Thank you

About the time you have just about given up and have already started a new temp job UPS will call you in -----------for one day----then leave you guessing again. Its a game they like to play because --------------they can.

browntroll

About the time you have just about given up and have already started a new temp job UPS will call you in -----------for one day----then leave you guessing again. Its a game they like to play because --------------they can.
i agree with rod, i have seen guys work for 2 weeks straight while others only called once in past 2 weeks. it depends on a number of factors also.

capers8

2nd year driver helper here. I just got the call that I'll be reporting to a mall starting tomorrow. I've only ever worked residential areas. Any differences I should know about before showing up (stuff I might not think of as a mall rookie)? And of course, a noob question too, will I likely get more hours at a mall?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2nd year driver helper here. I just got the call that I'll be reporting to a mall starting tomorrow. I've only ever worked residential areas. Any differences I should know about before showing up (stuff I might not think of as a mall rookie)? And of course, a noob question too, will I likely get more hours at a mall?
Most mall boxes are nice and heavy.

Jimmyb31

Are our health benefits through UPS or the union? I'm having a issue with my prescription benefits and they told me to call my benefit provider?? To update my status?? Just wondering who to contact. Thanks

browntroll

question for driver helpers and drivers with helpers. so my friend did his orientation today and told me they did a horrible job training
him to use the diad, everyone in the orientation had a different version. how important is it for him to use the diad? and would the driver still use him
without him knowing it too well? he believes they gave him a version 2 diad during training and u can barely make out the info on the screen since
everything was really dim. also any chance of him being able to wear a brown hoodie
over his shirt? they gave him a really tight fitting one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most HR reps do a very poor job of training new hires on the DIAD. I highly doubt your friend had the DIAD 2. Your driver will train you on the basics of the DIAD. As far as the hoodie, that is up to your driver but most of them want to make sure you are warm so it should be OK.

oldngray

nowhere special
The clothing standards for helpers are fairly relaxed but if you can't use a DIAD you will be almost useless to the driver. I also seriously doubt your friend had a DIAD 2 since it is very unlikely there are any of those left anywhere in inventories. A DIAD 3 that looks similar and does have a small dim screen is slightly possible as being around for a training tool but most helpers see the DIAD IV which is only one generation behind the current 5's the drivers use.

browntroll

Most HR reps do a very poor job of training new hires on the DIAD. I highly doubt your friend had the DIAD 2. Your driver will train you on the basics of the DIAD. As far as the hoodie, that is up to your driver but most of them want to make sure you are warm so it should be OK.
i showed him a picture and he said he used the DIAD 3, but looked like other ppl were using DIAD 2. for some reason not everyone had the same diad
during class. he did tell me only few had DIAD 4. makes me wonder if they are even gonna use him

griff549

Are our health benefits through UPS or the union? I'm having a issue with my prescription benefits and they told me to call my benefit provider?? To update my status?? Just wondering who to contact. Thanks
To qualify for you benefits you have to work the set number of hours stated by the union as well as be up to date on your initation fees and dues. As for who they are thru I believe it's the union

dan

does anyone know about these debit cards we will be paid with ,,,,,, when funds are available,, fees.. etc I haven't started yet just waiting for backround check to come back I will be at the philly hub

Box

Handle with Care
does anyone know about these debit cards we will be paid with ,,,,,, when funds are available,, fees.. etc I haven't started yet just waiting for backround check to come back I will be at the philly hub
OP, feel free to copy any useful info below to the FAQ.

I'll give you the answer I give the new hires who ask me this over here. I'm not too far from your building, so it shouldn't be much different.

Your first check will be a live (paper) check. Your supervisor will give it to you on Thursday. You always get paid for last week's work, so your first check will arrive during week 2.

If you have the ADP card, you have to activate it before your money will go to it. If you never activate the card, you will continue getting paper checks every week until you activate it. When you activate it, the money goes in on Friday mornings.

I would suggest switching to a standard Direct Deposit using your bank info. If you don't have a bank account, open one. I don't know about specific fees, but expect to pay a fee whenever you withdraw from an ATM.

If you want to change how you are paid (check, direct deposit, etc), log on to UPSers.com, Click "My Life and Career," and click the paycheck links on the right side of the page.
If you have never used UPSers.com before, your login information is as follows:
Username: EmployeeID number (7 digit number. They currently start with a 4, as in 4123456)
Password: Six characters long: The first two letters of your last name, followed by the last two digits of your birth year, followed by the last two digits of your Employee ID number.
For example: My name is John Smith, ID # 4123456, born in 1992. My UPSers.com Username is 4123456, and my UPSers.com password is sm9256