Staff member
I just got offer for
Usps nyc a mail processing clerk
So i an resigning this when i didnt even start yet lol
Stop-Dont-Come-Back-Sarcastic-Willy-Wonka-Gif.gif

Under.m69

Dude try to contact the Center Manager
Stop calling go in all iron black shinny shoes
Shoe them you want to work the question you need to ask yourself did you score high ?
At intergrad ?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi all

Looking for a little bit of insight here.

I completed integrad now 3 weeks ago and I still have not been called in yet. They keep telling me to "be patient" and "we have a lot of guys to train" etc. Etc. ... it is, to put it lightly, frustrating to call in there every day at 8 a.m. just to be told "No, nothing today ,the call me tomorrow" with no explanation other than be patient and we will get to you.

It is going to be 4 weeks since I completed training. My girlfriend and I's relationship is very stressed now because HR gave us the impression that while this is seasonal I was going to start right away. It is insane to me they'd convey this great sense of urgency only to have people wait weeks to start. People have families and a host of other obligations.

I'm sorry if my tone here is off, just a rough situation. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

call in tomorrow

what’s your girls number

Skull_Leader

Does UPS hire FT drivers? Or do you have to start out as a package handler, sorting, and loading trucks for years before they send you to Intergrad?
I just started as a PVD (Booo hiss!! I know, but I don't exactly have a choice right now). When I finish for the season, am I going to have to start all of the way over from zero, as a brand new applicant? or will this exp count for something? I can work pretty hard to earn the job offer, but if it's just going to all come to an end in a couple months, then I have other job opportunities that I could take.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I just started as a PVD (Booo hiss!! I know, but I don't exactly have a choice right now). When I finish for the season, am I going to have to start all of the way over from zero, as a brand new applicant? or will this exp count for something?
You really won't be a UPS employee as a PVD. Doing this means nothing in UPS's eyes. When they kick you to the curb, you get to start all over again. Welcome aboard!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Does UPS hire FT drivers? Or do you have to start out as a package handler, sorting, and loading trucks for years before they send you to Intergrad?
I just started as a PVD (Booo hiss!! I know, but I don't exactly have a choice right now). When I finish for the season, am I going to have to start all of the way over from zero, as a brand new applicant? or will this exp count for something? I can work pretty hard to earn the job offer, but if it's just going to all come to an end in a couple months, then I have other job opportunities that I could take.

And to add on to what @scooby0048 said, it wouldn't even matter if UPS did want to acknowledge that work as something. You can't "work pretty hard to earn the job offer", because the contract requires them to follow a certain protocol.

To become a package car driver, or other real job, you have to "bid" on it. Bidding requires seniority. Seniority requires you to be a permanent hire.

You are not/will not be one.
IF they keep you, you will restart as a part timer in January, working inside the building for low pay. (My center starts at $14/hr)
And at that point, you would be waiting for your chance to bid on a "real" UPS job.

Skull_Leader

Yeah, see, that's what I was worried about. If I have to go back and load trucks for $14 for (probably) years, then I'd rather move on to something else

Hello I just got hire and completed all the required training. Any one knows where I can download the Mobile delivery app (MDA), to see my schedule, driver meetings point etc. According to the last video training it shows how to work the the MDA but doesn't show where or how to install it. Thanks in advance.
South Florida. Homestead.