MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
D1D60317-3873-48DB-8E70-F82D4412ED56.png
does anyone know where to find the most current 5s and 10 point commentary? HR gave me two papers with slightly different wording on each. is it on UPSers? thanks

Attachments

• upsdok-181112213754.pdf
    153.3 KB · Views: 258

MisplacedRailWorker

This is how I learned it:

Number 1 start:

When starting up at intersection look left right left and check your mirrors

2. Stop.

When stopped in traffic with one car length of space in front

3. Remember 123.

Count 1, 2, 3 before the vehicle ahead has begun to move before moving

to 6 second following distance for speeds under 30, 6 to 8 for speeds over 30

5. Continues from the previous 8.

8 to 12 second eye lead time this is a depth in which my vision should be.

6. is an unlucky number, and it would be very unlucky if a parked car suddenly opened it’s driver side door just as you swiped by it. So:

Scan the steering wheels to park cars for signs of life

7. is a lucky number, and if you’re lucky you can make it through a green light in time.

Be aware of steel green lights and have a point ted decision

8. Eight, begins with E.

Establish Eye to Eye contact with motorist and pedestrians

9 is just random nine.

When pulling from the curb look over your left shoulder

10. goes back to 5,

Use of mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds looking forward every two.

MisplacedRailWorker

This is how I learned it:

Number 1 start:

When starting up at intersection look left right left and check your mirrors

2. Stop.

When stopped in traffic with one car length of space in front

3. Remember 123.

Count 1, 2, 3 before the vehicle ahead has begun to move before moving

to 6 second following distance for speeds under 30, 6 to 8 for speeds over 30

5. Continues from the previous 8.

8 to 12 second eye lead time this is a depth in which my vision should be.

6. is an unlucky number, and it would be very unlucky if a parked car suddenly opened it’s driver side door just as you swiped by it. So:

Scan the steering wheels to park cars for signs of life

7. is a lucky number, and if you’re lucky you can make it through a green light in time.

Be aware of steel green lights and have a point ted decision

8. Eight, begins with E.

Establish Eye to Eye contact with motorist and pedestrians

9 is just random nine.

When pulling from the curb look over your left shoulder

10. goes back to 5,

Use of mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds looking forward every two.
Start, stop, 123, 4-6, 6-8, 8-12, unlucky six, lucky 7 gives you the green light, Eight E Establish, 9 left, 10 use 5-8 looking forward every 2.

I was 21 years old and the class clown when I was in the training. Although nobody was laughing when I volunteered to take the final exam first up and walked out with my uniform and a date to report to my center.

11.19igrad

There's so much to tell you, I'll be starting a thread about 22.4 contract soon.

In a nutshell, ups is aiming to curb a few hundred million in labor costs by forming the discount slave mule known as the 22.4

They expect the same exact optimal performance of seasoned drivers at 1/3 the pay and exactly zero the grievance protection or training.

Going into this job during this pandemic and constant record summer heat truly requires some soul searching. You will be left out to fail most likely and you will suffer every day until they either dq you or you make it and you become a good discount slave mule for them.

Insurance is a solid year away. Pension honestly in 2050 or 2060, ups wont exist I'd be surprised.

You live in the truck and sleep at home. You will need so much practice and training you simply wont get. Pester your sups to keep showing you methods on a route in real life, document if they refuse, tell union stewards everytime they dont.

Ask someone to show u tightening the handbrake. On hills double check everything.

Make sure this is your only best option.

Best of luck if it is.

Tucker88

Banned
I am in Integrad this week. Last week at HR they gave me a pair of pants and a shirt that they had in the office for me to wear this week. They also placed an order for belt, hat,shorts and etc. what I would like to know is when do I get it and how do I get it? I dont want to have to wear these same clothes all week and then probably again next week when I start my job

specter208

Any recent graduates have a good explanation of doing the driver drill. triangle viewing method? how does the instructor want to hear you call out the items when doing the test?

Tucker88

Banned
I finished my online classes this week . Now I have to go to the training facility tommorow for my driving test and recite my 5s and 10s and driver drill. I have my 5s memorized 100% and my 10s about 85-90%. Anyone have any tips I would need to help me pass tommorow . I’m also studying my pre trip routine also . Thanks in advance

I finished my online classes this week . Now I have to go to the training facility tommorow for my driving test and recite my 5s and 10s and driver drill. I have my 5s memorized 100% and my 10s about 85-90%. Anyone have any tips I would need to help me pass tommorow . I’m also studying my pre trip routine also . Thanks in advance
always make sure your vehicle is in park and the handbrake is fully adjusted so it's tight

Tucker88

Banned
Anyone know where the creases are suppose to be on my shirt? I have final test day with uniforms tommorow and I’m not sure where my shirt creases are suppose to be?

Tucker88

Banned
I had Integrad this week online. Tommorow I have to go to the facility for my test. Anyone here recently passed this? I’m looking for what tommorow might be like. I know I have to recite my 5s and 10s and I have that memorized but I would to know what else? They didn’t give much info to us except the 5s and 10s and to do a back up with the truck

Aspiring Jenga Master

Hello,

Heading to Intergrad for drivers school. I've been with UPS as a package handler for 2 years but I'm only the second person in my building to be sent to Intergrad. I've read some posts on here about it but most seem to be several years old so I figured I'd start a new one.

I know it's a pretty intense course, my boss called it UPS Boot Camp. I've already been through real basic training so I'm not so concerned about the course intensity but more worried about getting booted for something stupid and preventable.

I'm heading to West Boylston, MA for school. Does anyone know if you use a manual transmission in the trucks there? I know the basics for driving stick but it's been 5 years since I've learned it and none of the trucks in my center have sticks so my bosses told me not to worry about it when I told them. I understand the process to operate a manual trans but I'm definitely rusty on it; I know I'm gonna grind the gears.

Footwear, most of the drivers in my center wear those cheap New Balance all black leather walking shoes that most fast food workers wear. I bought a pair but now I'm wondering if this an acceptable option for Intergrad? I'm sure I could polish them but they're definitely sneakers and not boots.

As for the uniform it needs to be clean and presentable with creases along the front of the pant legs and along the sleeve correct? I didn't get any shorts so I don't need to worry about wearing the UPS socks right? I know I need solid white or brown undershirts.

Any other tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
HF

These are cheap boots at walmart and very comfortable and a very good boot, very cheap! This is accepted at integrad. These dont really need a break in as it is an oiled and not a polished level. So if you biy these buy a shoe shone kit and make it shine.

Make sure your brown or black socks have no logo accept UPS if it does have a logo. Go to Ross and buy a package of black raloh lauren athletic socks.

MisplacedRailWorker

These are cheap boots at walmart and very comfortable and a very good boot, very cheap! This is accepted at integrad. These dont really need a break in as it is an oiled and not a polished level. So if you biy these buy a shoe shone kit and make it shine.

Make sure your brown or black socks have no logo accept UPS if it does have a logo. Go to Ross and buy a package of black raloh lauren athletic socks.
I personally found that the boot doesn't matter to me as much as the insole. I use this insole from Timberland:

Timberland PRO® Anti-Fatigue Technology Insoles ...www.timberland.com › shop › timberland-pro-anti-fati...

They're about $40 and worth every penny. They last about a year and I take them in and out of every shoe or boot I wear.

wildling

Can anyone give clarity to me on the left/right curb hazzard/clear or the left/right mirror hazzard/clear part of the driving drill. What am i looking forward when i say left curb clear while driving. Any at all info would help me out a lot before I go to intergrad.