Nah
Can anyone give clarity to me on the left/right curb hazzard/clear or the left/right mirror hazzard/clear part of the driving drill. What am i looking forward when i say left curb clear while driving. Any at all info would help me out a lot before I go to intergrad.

Curb is ahead of you, mirror is behind you. The curb includes the lane next to you. It is clear if you can use the space in an emergency evasive maneuver, and it is hazardous if you cannot use it.

wildling

Curb is ahead of you, mirror is behind you. The curb includes the lane next to you. It is clear if you can use the space in an emergency evasive maneuver, and it is hazardous if you cannot use it.
Thanks man this helps alot. Do you have any advice for intersections in terms of quick phrases I could use as I approach/go through them. It seems every time i try to go on a dry run, I always end up getting toung tied as i try to explain too much

Nah
Thanks man this helps alot. Do you have any advice for intersections in terms of quick phrases I could use as I approach/go through them. It seems every time i try to go on a dry run, I always end up getting toung tied as i try to explain too much

Usually that happens when you're trying to say too much. They're not looking for a ton of detail. Just remember you have to clear the crosswalk before the intersection.

freehoodies

Intersection clear
or
intersection hazard

Just say what you are looking at
and clear or hazard

Its what your mind is doing in the background all the time, just have to stream of consciousness it out
Its not too bad and you only have to do it once, depending on the instructor you have they usually are just seeing how you drive while under pressure.

Also ask them questions about themselves if you can. How long they've worked there, whats the stupidest thing they've seen someone do on a drive, just make a quick connection. If they like you they might "grease the wheels" for you, like point out the stop signs drivers usually miss or give you a second shot at something you didn't do quite right.

They have to find at least 3 things you can work on if i remember right, so don't worry when they tell you 3 things.
If they tell you 4 or more be worried.

Sir-Lifts-A-Lot

I like big trucks and I can not lie...
does anyone know where to find the most current 5s and 10 point commentary? HR gave me two papers with slightly different wording on each. is it on UPSers? thanks
Current 5s and 10s for
Page 1 (quality=100).jpg
1596342466048.png

Nickyb

Been trying to gather information about the web based training and the fourth day going to intergrad. Planning on becoming a package car driver here in chicago. I got my fives and tens down and currently re-memorizing the pre trip. My :censored2: memorized the CDL version. Ive also been trying to gather info about the DIAD device but I’m pretty sure the only way to learn that is by doing. Anybody have anymore tips for me or useful information? It will be greatly appreciated

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Been trying to gather information about the web based training and the fourth day going to intergrad. Planning on becoming a package car driver here in chicago. I got my fives and tens down and currently re-memorizing the pre trip. My :censored2: memorized the CDL version. Ive also been trying to gather info about the DIAD device but I’m pretty sure the only way to learn that is by doing. Anybody have anymore tips for me or useful information? It will be greatly appreciated
I’ll be joining you soon, I hope?
I went through it in person years ago, although it was in Queens, NY. I don’t know if that would be called Integrad proper, I think that’s a facility that other regions send drivers to in GA

Know this version
2CA676A9-B1B5-42A7-A6E1-A8116867A791.jpeg
word for word. Exact language, and under each heading through the entire page.

Are you talking about the feeder pre-trip video on YouTube? That’s Mike Perez, retired Feeder manager from Rio Hondo, CA. That’s also a lot of extra info for package; but if you like the methods and have a printer, this is your bible:

UPS Package Delivery Methods

542thruNthru

Nickyb are you related to rickyb?

They are great when it comes to going over 9.5. Especially when they want to do a ride and you do the pre-trip exactly the way it should be done :)
The other day a new driver was telling me he left the building 1 1/2 hrs late because his navigation cradle did not work and had to move all of his deliveries to a truck that had a cradle that worked. I know I am not in management but wouldn't had been easier to move the cradle that did work to the truck instead of moving hundreds of boxes? Asking for a friend.

542thruNthru

The other day a new driver was telling me he left the building 1 1/2 hrs late because his navigation cradle did not work and had to move all of his deliveries to a truck that had a cradle that worked. I know I am not in management but wouldn't had been easier to move the cradle that did work to the truck instead of moving hundreds of boxes? Asking for a friend.
Well I'm not a mechanic so I don't know if its that easy to switch over. Though it always surprises me when management allows a driver to switch his load for a hour just because its a truck he doesn't like.

Staydryitsraining

Mechanics here are almost useless, and for some reason they treat the cradles like diamonds, they cant mess with them until management is aware there is a problem. They also claim they dont have cradles just laying around to replace, they have to fix them if they are broken. Its odd.

Nah
I’ll be joining you soon, I hope?
I went through it in person years ago, although it was in Queens, NY. I don’t know if that would be called Integrad proper, I think that’s a facility that other regions send drivers to in GA

Know this version View attachment 306063word for word. Exact language, and under each heading through the entire page.

Are you talking about the feeder pre-trip video on YouTube? That’s Mike Perez, retired Feeder manager from Rio Hondo, CA. That’s also a lot of extra info for package; but if you like the methods and have a printer, this is your bible:

UPS Package Delivery Methods

That's the old 10 point commentary. Starting back in January, everybody that goes to Integrad needs to get the new one (right side) down. It's funny, I had completely memorized the old one (left side), bold and all word for word, then 3 days before my flight they threw the new one at me. I was pissed.

IMG_20200225_052037602.jpg

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
That's the old 10 point commentary. Starting back in January, everybody that goes to Integrad needs to get the new one (right side) down. It's funny, I had completely memorized the old one (left side), bold and all word for word, then 3 days before my flight they threw the new one at me. I was pissed.

View attachment 306114
:censored2:. Well then I guess I have a long night ahead of me. You have to recite the language under each number entirely?