Are Unions ethical?

• Total voters

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ok, brownie, get rid of the immediate threat first!

When he's fired, he can goto the union hall and ask for rehab/ and eventually his job back as he gets better

Hey, that new BC member has a valid point. U went to the hall about your crooked Stewart?

Last edited:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Because I have more pride in my job than the commies...

Better dead than Red!

Union free Amazon would appreciate the pride you take in your work. Who knows maybe Jeff would notice and you could be a VP someday.

Red, the OP changed the user name as the discussion went on...

Don't be a scab in a union shop!

But if one's safety and other union members are also affected by this one Bad Apple, go report him outside of the failed union/management process

Another BC member had similar experience, he wasn't a rat, but it eventually resolved itself. Just read a few posts above on this thread...

Yet another BC member had a drunken package delivery driver in his center as well...

Fired!!!!

Ahh, ok thanks

Proud To Be A Scab

Commie Unionists are Traitors
Union free Amazon would appreciate the pride you take in your work. Who knows maybe Jeff would notice and you could be a VP someday.

Ahh, ok thanks

No thanks, Jeff Bezos is a Globalist Commie. Why would I want to work for that P.O.S.? I already worked for, unknowingly at the time, Globalist Warren Buffet and that gig sucked as well.

At least being a "scab" at UPS means decent pay and scholar healthcare.

Proud To Be A Scab

Thanks to a Teamster negotiated contract.

As long as the "negotiations" are done Voluntarily then I've no problem with that.

It's the Coercion, and Violence that Union members are notorious for that I've a real big problem with.

Thus why I'm absolutely proud to be a "scab" No reason to threaten and bully my way through life

OrioN

Nooooo, u are a teamster~ try to work with the system.

like another BC member said, they provide a superior benefits package compared to the competition

Once the system fails, is when u invoke other actions...

tenor-2020-01-05t081315-773-gif.278527

Narc on that bastard!

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
No thanks, Jeff Bezos is a Globalist Commie. Why would I want to work for that P.O.S.? I already worked for, unknowingly at the time, Globalist Warren Buffet and that gig sucked as well.

At least being a "scab" at UPS means decent pay and scholar healthcare.

As long as the "negotiations" are done Voluntarily then I've no problem with that.

It's the Coercion, and Violence that Union members are notorious for that I've a real big problem with.

Thus why I'm absolutely proud to be a "scab" No reason to threaten and bully my way through life

So, you like the benefits the union commies get for you so you won't leave, only bitch about the workforce being unionized. If the union members were as violent as you claim then why are you as a proud scab still walking? Would they not assault you daily?

You ever stop and think what would happen to your benefits and pay if the union was out of the picture?

Nah
The moment I mentioned all of this to the head HR rep of the state, he immediately defended the steward and implied I'm crazy. Regardless that others have also called in and complained of the very same situation. The others that have also made complaints and, happen to be union members, also tell me that the HR rep seems intimidated or hesitant to do anything about the belligerent drunk or the steward.

Clearly you've no idea what dangers the union poses in the workplace with their history of intimidation tactics and violence either.

Why do you keep blaming the Union instead of the drunk and management? Just file an OSHA complaint if getting management to take this seriously means that much to you.

OrioN

Why do you keep blaming the Union instead of the drunk and management? Just file an OSHA complaint if getting management to take this seriously means that much to you.
Hey sudz/suds... I didn't get that article 18 u stated a couple of posts on the previous page

Red, he's bitchin that the system is failing in this circumstance. Others, including this non union FedEx driver, gave him valid options...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I respectfully beg to differ. In theory you exchange the actual fruits of your labor for a wage, but given how rampant wage theft is, and how commonly one's hard work earns one very little, it seems more accurate to note the similarities between capitalist and so-called communist societies -- in both cases the lion's share of the wealth (the fruits of production) is commandeered by the few, with ample help from the government ...

In a service industry, there are no physical "fruits", it is a figure of speech. Currency acts as a practical medium for storing wealth. It only makes sense that "fruits" be converted to currency and paid out as wages. The point wasn't to argue the finer points between communism and capitalism. The assertion that unions are necessarily communistic is simply an ad hominem the OP is using to bolster his slander of unions. How many fully communistic countries even allow unions? I don't think their governments would give up that sort of power. On the other hand, it is perfectly acceptable in a free market capitalist society for workers to pay a union to negotiate on their behalf, and enforce a contract. The union is providing a service the workers are paying for.

Proud To Be A Scab

So, you like the benefits the union commies get for you so you won't leave, only bitch about the workforce being unionized. If the union members were as violent as you claim then why are you as a proud scab still walking? Would they not assault you daily?

You ever stop and think what would happen to your benefits and pay if the union was out of the picture?

UPS could have never signed the union contract. UPS could also end the contract as well. I don't work for the union, I work for UPS. Union hasn't done jack squat in putting currency funds into my bank account, UPS did.

The violence from the members would be on the nightly spin news if UPS denied the contract too. Stop pretending that union members are angels. Also, the majority of my coworkers automatically assume that I'm union. Just goes to show the cult member's ignorance.

Proud To Be A Scab

In a service industry, there are no physical "fruits", it is a figure of speech. Currency acts as a practical medium for storing wealth. It only makes sense that "fruits" be converted to currency and paid out as wages. The point wasn't to argue the finer points between communism and capitalism. The assertion that unions are necessarily communistic is simply an ad hominem the OP is using to bolster his slander of unions. How many fully communistic countries even allow unions? I don't think their governments would give up that sort of power. On the other hand, it is perfectly acceptable in a free market capitalist society for workers to pay a union to negotiate on their behalf, and enforce a contract. The union is providing a service the workers are paying for.

Yes correct on the free market points you made.

I attack unions and its members because of the COERCION and VIOLENCE that plague its ranks.

Negotiating terms is perfectly acceptable and A Okay in my book. It's the coercion and violence that I've a problem with thus, again I'll say it, why I'm pleased to be a scab...

Nah
Hey sudz/suds... I didn't get that article 18 u stated a couple of posts on the previous page

Article 18 Section 1 Paragraph 2:

Under no circumstances will an employee be required or assigned to engage in any activity involving dangerous conditions of work or danger to a person or property or in violation of a government regulation relating to safety of person orequipment. The term “dangerous conditions of work” does not relate to the type of cargo which is to be hauled or handled.

I guess my argument would be that having a drunk worker around creates dangerous conditions, and I would inform management that I'm going to refuse to work until they either move him or move me.

That's gonna make steam come out of their ears though. Too bad he doesn't have a Union to protect him from retaliation if he goes this route.

Proud To Be A Scab

Article 18 Section 1 Paragraph 2:

Under no circumstances will an employee be required or assigned to engage in any activity involving dangerous conditions of work or danger to a person or property or in violation of a government regulation relating to safety of person orequipment. The term “dangerous conditions of work” does not relate to the type of cargo which is to be hauled or handled.

I guess my argument would be that having a drunk worker around creates dangerous conditions, and I would inform management that I'm going to refuse to work until they either move him or move me.

That's gonna make steam come out of their ears though. Too bad he doesn't have a Union to protect him from retaliation if he goes this route.

I'm just a lowly pleb on the totem pole letting the readers on this site know what's up with the hub I work at.

The union members that are also concerned have already told management about the daily drunk along with telling their union steward. The steward knows all too well of the drunk, he used to also talk bad about the drunk and complain about him before Mr. Drunk became a union member.

Management wants him gone while it's the steward who's pretending like nothing's wrong and wanting the drunk to continue punching in every day while smelling like a liquor store. In this case it's the union who's causing the unsafe work environment.

So then what good is a union steward if he, from what I see, runs the hub with an iron fist?

I will most certainly post if the drunk gets canned, highly unlikely due to management feeling threatened by the steward...

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm just a lowly pleb on the totem pole letting the readers on this site know what's up with the hub I work at.

The union members that are also concerned have already told management about the daily drunk along with telling their union steward. The steward knows all too well of the drunk, he used to also talk bad about the drunk and complain about him before Mr. Drunk became a union member.

Management wants him gone while it's the steward who's pretending like nothing's wrong and wanting the drunk to continue punching in every day while smelling like a liquor store. In this case it's the union who's causing the unsafe work environment.
You just sound like a whiny lil bitch. Punch in and collect your union paycheck for being a scab and go home. You lost the right to complain about anything the moment you became a POS scab.

So then what good is a union steward if he, from what I see, runs the hub with an iron fist?

I will most certainly post if the drunk gets canned, highly unlikely due to management feeling threatened by the steward...
Hi Dave