This company officially sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Lol!!!!

I love it. It's about time management woke up to what it's really like to work for this company.

12- 16 hour days my ass!
Yep. Funny how management starts their hours when they wake up or could "potentially" get a phone call to consider working. My center manager has never missed a ball game. Or a buffet for that matter. Cry me a river about the MIP. I'm the one working late because of your stupid ass planning and late start times.

40%????!!?!!!........ Amazon is hiring by the way
they sure are...within 2 years they will be delivering more packages than UPS (fact)....100% of these packages were previously delivered by UPS union drivers now smucks with there own truck at $15 hr. Currently 12% of UPS volume comes from Amazon....within two years Amazon will deliver that volume themself and 12% UPS union drivers won't be working.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Go to heck!

Don't take my old Diesel burning international.

These new Freightliners suck.

Sorry guys... the powers that be have decided that these old internationals are reliability nightmares and they want them gone. I agree with them on this. The VT was a POS when new and 15 plus years of beatings have not helped. They are road call machines and gum up the works so everything else falls behind.

Haha... my avatar is a lovely VT running away.

Sorry guys... the powers that be have decided that these old internationals are reliability nightmares and they want them gone. I agree with them on this. The VT was a POS when new and 15 plus years of beatings have not helped. They are road call machines and gum up the works so everything else falls behind.
Those bastards!
My old beast is in the shop less than these newer hunks of junks

rod

Retired 22 years

Haha... my avatar is a lovely VT running away.
I had the very first P700 International diesel in my center. The first 3 days I drove it it can back to the building on a hook. The first day out I made it to my first stop 40 miles away. I shut it off and when I restarted it all it would do was idle. I called it in to Minneapolis at the request of my center manager. The said to check the linkage off of the gas pedal. I told them there wasn’t any. They more or less called me a liar. It took awhile to convince them it was a fly by wire setup.

bumped

This year’s MIP (assuming the factor is actually 40%... I haven’t seen it online yet..) is a slap in the face.

I saw this coming though. Last year they changed the RPU structure where RPUs vest in 1 year as opposed to 5 years. There’s no way they were going to make this change without hitting us in the pocket.

How much back pay was paid to union employees this year? Whatever was given to them (and rightfully so per the contract) came out of our collective pockets. Not out of shareholders...

Now you know where you stand in the management committee’s eyes. We’re all replaceable. Nothing you shouldn’t have already known.

If you believe this to be true, then you were paid extra last year when the raises would have been scheduled to be given out.

Bamboozled

I should have stayed in the union....
Ambition.PNG

RolloTony Brown Town

If you believe this to be true, then you were paid extra last year when the raises would have been scheduled to be given out.

I don’t agree. The company made more than enough money to give a fair MIP reward based on the earnings that UPS had in 2018 and 2019. The back pay should have nothing to do with it. Contractual obligations and a reward based on how well the company performs are 2 different things.

You can feel however you want about management, but I’m never “paid extra” for anything I do.

a911scanner

Cause they hire 25 year olds for less money and they don’t know the first thing how to work hard

Sounds like a UPS HR problem to me.

Any of you can actually go back to driving whenever you want.

If you look at it without being "biased", you know how this company treats it's employees. The writing was on the wall for this issue when they announced the elimination of your pensions. Clearly they feel it's time to have only 1/2 the Operations management needed by forcing them to quit. Then they will expect you to do twice the work in half of the time. Sound familiar?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I had the very first P700 International diesel in my center. The first 3 days I drove it it can back to the building on a hook. The first day out I made it to my first stop 40 miles away. I shut it off and when I restarted it all it would do was idle. I called it in to Minneapolis at the request of my center manager. The said to check the linkage off of the gas pedal. I told them there wasn’t any. They more or less called me a liar. It took awhile to convince them it was a fly by wire setup.

Before that your center probably had carbed GM or ford straight 6s and gm 4.3s. That was before my time at UPS

ManInBrown

Probably needed the extra 70% to pay you useless teamsters who make 100,000 to drive a truck and know on a door, cause you’ll cry and threaten strike if you don’t get what you want. Bunch of overpaid ungrateful $&?&. Get real jobs
You mad, bruh?

Status
Not open for further replies.