United health insurance outlaws private insurance

cachmeifucan

So why would anyone with private health insurance vote dem. If they want to take away our insurance leaving us with no compensation. The company's that offer private insurance will definitely get taxed by government and then we can all go online and pay because we make too much to get it for free

BrownArmy

So why would anyone with private health insurance vote dem. If they want to take away our insurance leaving us with no compensation. The company's that offer private insurance will definitely get taxed by government and then we can all go online and pay because we make too much to get it for free

What?

It will be fine

DD6803D1-9133-4085-9279-2E152878AB56.gif

bacha29

Just exactly who is......"THEY" and what is the basis of your belief that "THEY" has any intention of taking away your private health insurance?

El Correcto

god is dead
Shhhhhhh quit thinking, just hand over your money and the government will solve all problems like it has done so well for the last 200 years.

bacha29

Shhhhhhh quit thinking, just hand over your money and the government will solve all problems like it has done so well for the last 200 years.
If so then tell me something. Why is the ACA built on the private insurance industry? Why are the insurance products offered on the exchanges are those offered by private insurers? Some are publicly traded for profit while some such as Blue Cross Blue Shield licensed affiliates are non profits?

vantexan

If so then tell me something. Why is the ACA built on the private insurance industry? Why are the insurance products offered on the exchanges are those offered by private insurers? Some are publicly traded for profit while some such as Blue Cross Blue Shield licensed affiliates are non profits?
Because we don't have single payer. But at the rate insurance companies are dropping out(by design of the ACA)it won't be long until that's what we'll have.

bacha29

Because we don't have single payer. But at the rate insurance companies are dropping out(by design of the ACA)it won't be long until that's what we'll have.
The ones dropping out were for profits because they weren't making any money in addition to having to pay billings that were based on fees and services inflated by non paying non insured individuals who walked out the door and stiffed the hospital. And many were duped by people such as the Koch brothers who had people believing that if they payed the non insurance penalty they'll be given insurance coverage only to discover the hard way that they had been lied to.

cachmeifucan

Just exactly who is......"THEY" and what is the basis of your belief that "THEY" has any intention of taking away your private health insurance?
Did you watch the 2 day clown event. They are all for single payer insurance. The government wants the money companies like ups pay for their employees health insurance. And I make 80000 and pay very little for my insurance my wife makes 60,000 so how much you think I will have to pay from the single payer plan about 2000 a month. For something comparable. They said they want to eliminate private insurance don't you believe them

cachmeifucan

As soon as we got teamcrap in illinois Aetna pulled out. Something was very fishy about united health care because many contract all over the country were negotiated that same year. Teamsters, and mechanics union. Can anyone help name any other contracts ended the same time united health care arrived?

El Correcto

god is dead
Did you watch the 2 day clown event. They are all for single payer insurance. The government wants the money companies like ups pay for their employees health insurance. And I make 80000 and pay very little for my insurance my wife makes 60,000 so how much you think I will have to pay from the single payer plan about 2000 a month. For something comparable. They said they want to eliminate private insurance don't you believe them
Hey :censored2: you pal, there are Mexican children with runny noses that need to go to the emergency room. You and your wife can do without, you nazi scum.

It will be fine

You’re not very good at math, huh? Take away the need for companies to pay for healthcare and how much more do you think the union could negotiate for you in wages? Medicare has far lower overhead than private insurance and doesn’t need to make a profit.

bacha29

Yes I did watch it and if you did as well and were paying attention you would have heard that the proposed public option would be added to the insurance exchanges along with all other private carriers both for profit and nonprofit that choose to list their proposals on the exchange as well. Once again the key word is OPTION. If you don't want to choose the public option you don't have to. If a private insurer has a plan that better suits your needs you can choose that instead. Not hard to understand . Nothing to be afraid of.

Box Ox

You’re not very good at math, huh? Take away the need for companies to pay for healthcare and how much more do you think the union could negotiate for you in wages? Medicare has far lower overhead than private insurance and doesn’t need to make a profit.

I think a lotta UPSers/union members all over America might want some sort of “in lieu of” wage guarantee if they were to be moved from their super fantastic private health insurance to Medicare, where they might have to buy supplemental plans to have equivalent coverage.

But in general, Medicare for US citizens and not for illegal immigrants sounds good to me. Whatever is truly sustainable. I’m not sure if anything would be sustainable until we really secure our southern border and provide benefits to citizens only.

bacha29

When the ACA (Obamacare) came out the loudest critics of the plan were the ones who knew the least about it. Now with a 54% approval rating people are beginning to understand that they can shop for health insurance in the same online manner in which they shop for car insurance. Medicare was the same way . Bob Dole filibustered the House using every means possible to kill it. I wonder now at age 96 who's paying his health insurance bill? The GOP might have succeeded in killing the ACA if not for the fact that the so called "better" replacement never existed and was a lie right from the outset

It will be fine

I think a lotta UPSers/union members all over America might want some sort of “in lieu of” wage guarantee if they were to be moved from their super fantastic private health insurance to Medicare, where they might have to buy supplemental plans to have equivalent coverage.

But in general, Medicare for US citizens and not for illegal immigrants sounds good to me. Whatever is truly sustainable. I’m not sure if anything would be sustainable until we really secure our southern border and provide benefits to citizens only.
The thing is, plenty of illegal immigrants are normal working people, paying taxes, stimulating the economy, etc. To demand citizenship papers before receiving health care defeats the purpose of universal coverage. The general populace is not well served having an underclass of sick people spreading disease due to lack of access to care. We will care for these people regardless of their status when the show up in ERs, we’re all better off when care can be provided before that’s necessary. Immigration needs reform, but that’s going to take a lot more than a wall on the border.