JL 0513

It's all Trump's fault. Lowest jobless claims since 1973. UPS HR expected Clinton and continued high unemployment but were caught off guard and now can't find people to work. :wink2:

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
It's all Trump's fault. Lowest jobless claims since 1973. UPS HR expected Clinton and continued high unemployment but were caught off guard and now can't find people to work. :wink2:
All the Bernie and Hillary voters who work one month a year finally all got real jobs so they can’t work
Peak this year

Box Ox

I had one last year that was mid 50s. Guy was 6 foot 5. Built like a retired NFL player. As soon as the sun went down he started walking very slow. About 3 houses later I said, let’s pick up the pace here. What’s going on. He tells me he’s afraid to walk in the dark.

You couldn’t make it up if you tried.

Sounds like the John Coffey character in The Green Mile. He's supposedly 7' tall in the movie, but the late Michael Clark Duncan was actually 6'5" tall in real life.

"Do you leave a light on after bedtime? Because I get a little scared in the dark sometimes. If it's a strange place."

77260dd252fe86076bda006f298bba2d--sad-movies-watch-movies.jpg

35years

Gravy route
One year I got a 350 lb welfare momma from the ghetto for a helper. She refused to step on snow. When she refused to lift a 40 pound box because it was too heavy ...
I dropped her lard arse on the curb back in the hood.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Give me 250 stops.
I'll skip over the dog food boxes and the mattresses in a box and choose the 150 I want to do. Then bring back 100 to stay under 14 hours.

Everyone wins.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You mean, you wouldn't "sell" out your friends, at least 5 of them, in exchange for a free 40-inch TV?. That was the deal being floated in my former hub.

I keep circling back to $10.20 am hour and coming up with zero recommends.

I have a recent retiree who lives on my area. His pension was recently reduced by about $700/month so I thought I would do him a favor by asking him if he wanted to come back as my helper. I even offered to give him an additional $100/week to supplement the low wage. He said "thanks, but no thanks".

I asked our metro sup if his son was going to come back again this year----turns out he got a better paying job at one of our local ski areas.

Future

Victory Ride
I have a recent retiree who lives on my area. His pension was recently reduced by about $700/month so I thought I would do him a favor by asking him if he wanted to come back as my helper. I even offered to give him an additional $100/week to supplement the low wage. He said "thanks, but no thanks".

I asked our metro sup if his son was going to come back again this year----turns out he got a better paying job at one of our local ski areas.
We have a couple retired drivers ... who came back 2 drive for the Holiday season ...past few peaks

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We can only work 60 hours, so no helpers? Who cares? Bring em' back!

The preload alone is good for 15 stops not being done due to their lateness. lol

vvv

Lmao. Like I care. Guess I’ll be running out of hours Friday morning this peak. Not my problem. “If you know anyone that is interested, better get them to work with you this peak otherwise it will be 300-400stops a day by yourself” nah that’s OK. Your job is to hire.

gotta love it. Like I’m going to soil my undies and start crying. I couldn’t care less

Totally laughable!! They :censored2: up and give me the wrong truck in the lineup that's laden with dirt, debris, and piss bottles all over. Or some jam packed truck I can't operate in and they'll know the outcome before I even pull out of the building.
And for all of you who have doubted my words in the past and said I was full of crap here's a little look see into how I handle matters.
Nearly all pieces were delivered to just 2 stops. Low miles. Got my 8 in washing a truck for nearly 3+ hours on and off.
300-400 stops? More like they will be lucky if I break 50

Attachments

• 20171023_160019.jpg
    20171023_160019.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 249

Indecisi0n

Finally the years of abusing helpers has caught up to them. The word is out that ups treats them like crap and now no one wants the job. We had the same PCM begging us to ask people we know. :censored2:!

Amazon hires at $15 an hour with health benefits on the spot. Wake up UPS.

Indecisi0n

These people don’t even have gas $ to get back home to where they drove 60 miles to meet us for 1.99 hours half of the time!!!!
I had a kid one year taking the bus to meet me. Opening his first paycheck he said "what the :censored2: is this"! He went on to say it's costing him more to get here and quit on the spot. I learned a lesson that day,not to give their check until after their shift ended lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
At my FedEx station, they hired friends and family for helpers the last two years. $20 an hour in 2015 and $18 last year. It was only for two weeks but they could work, from 0600 til 2100 if they wanted, AND Saturday. The college kids loved it because they could work their butts off for two weeks then rest after Christmas.

Finally the years of abusing helpers has caught up to them. The word is out that ups treats them like crap and now no one wants the job. We had the same PCM begging us to ask people we know. :censored2:!

Become an Amazonian you say?

vvv

I do agree with you although it has makes no difference to me in that I never use a helper. Would rather they lighten me up and I'll go it alone, which is what happens.
If they want me to be responsible for their safety, proper package placement, making sure their shoes are tied, etc etc. Then they will be paying 2 guys to walk off the same exact stop because I will be side by side with the helper.