The Driver

I drive.
I had a pretty old guy last year but he kept up good...but that guy whistled the ENTIRE 14 hour day

giphy.gif

MzTeaze

I had a kid one year taking the bus to meet me. Opening his first paycheck he said "what the :censored2: is this"! He went on to say it's costing him more to get here and quit on the spot. I learned a lesson that day,not to give their check until after their shift ended lol.

All jokes aside, I know how he felt. The only reason I took the hub job was to be able to get a chance on the internal job postings. I was fortunate that the HR person pointed that out to me during the group interview.

1080Driver

All jokes aside, I know how he felt. The only reason I took the hub job was to be able to get a chance on the internal job postings. I was fortunate that the HR person pointed that out to me during the group interview.

Did he also mention he has a bridge for sale in Brooklyn?

MzTeaze

Did he also mention he has a bridge for sale in Brooklyn?

She didn't over sell it. But she said I wasn't tied to staying in the hub for any specific time, so I could apply for internal jobs as soon as I had access. Within the first week, I applied for jobs outside of the hub.

hehe xd

give me 15/hr with 40 hours a week and I'll do it. they capped us at 2-4 hours a day last peak. made 0 sense to make my driver go past his next delivery area to drop me off

JackStraw

They are bringing back the $100 signing bonus in my area. Also the chance to win a flat screen. Corporate is clueless. All they look at is the bottom line, and I imagine, tell their subordinates, tough poopy get it done. Must suck to be low level management,

brownIEman

UPS can't find helpers....

But, can find them, willing to use their own "reliable" vehicle ?

This is a show I want to watch.

Me too. I'm starting to believe the brass is thinking if it works, cool, lower cost peak pressure relief valve. If it's a total disaster, cool, they have a case study to show Amazon and others that it's not scalable to a significant proportion of delivery needs.

Win-win.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just got hired as a package handler, seasonal. Start Tuesday. What are the chances I can stay on after the holidays?

None, but thanks for sticking your nose in and hijacking someone else's thread because you were too lazy to search for a question that has been asked and answered a million times before.

By the way, welcome aboard and happy holidays! Good luck to you!