Both ;)

Last peak I worked 10am to 8-10pm M-friend. Best year I've had. They still managed to screw us, of course. I was hired 10/31 and did videos etc and they put 11/1.Then said I would be getting the October weekly bonus of 100 a week. Once I got on board my first 5 days done, I said I'd leave if I didn't get my 250. Following week had a 350 bonus. That's some sheisty :censored2:. They'll do anything for numbers. Still had to wait until march 1 rehire. That kind of sucked.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
UPS can't find helpers....

But, can find them, willing to use their own "reliable" vehicle ?

This is a show I want to watch.

It's just typical UPS logic. They are too arrogant to admit the choices for quality workers at the entry level are hampered by the fact they're not paid enough to make it worth their while. Let's use their car and smartphone too! That will get them to come running!

Box Ox

It's just typical UPS logic. They are too arrogant to admit the choices for quality workers at the entry level are hampered by the fact they're not paid enough to make it worth their while. Let's use their car and smartphone too! That will get them to come running!

I’ve got a feeling that a lotta low to mid level decision makers are all scared of each other and everybody’s just trying to get through the days. So points like yours aren’t really pushed up the chain. It’s trickle down decision making coming from folks who couldn’t be more disconnected from the boots on the ground.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
Well dang. I was just hired as a seasonal driver helper. I started Tuesday on a cart pulling a trailer. Tuesday and Wednesday I only had like 30 stops and 2.5 hours each day. Today I had a little more and got 3.5 hours. I sure hope I start getting more hours soon. I found this site and have been reading a lot. I did go to the hub today to see about a uniform, and they gave me a seasonal helper vest to wear. After reading this post... I'm getting depressed. I'll hang in there until, after the holidays anyway. Not very good pay, but a little experience is always a good thing. I also told them I would work in pre-load and local sort if they need me. I know nothing about Unions. Not sure if it is a good thing or not. Of course just being a little pebble... I probably won't ever know. Anyway... I'll keep lurking around the Brown Cafe. It is very informative. ;)

Box Ox

I only had like 30 stops and 2.5 hours each day.

Find out what local/region you’re in and look up whether you’ve got an hourly guarantee as a helper under your contract supplement. It’s 3 hours where I am. If you do have a guarantee, ask your driver(s) to push the issue with management at the morning PCM (meeting). They won’t fight it after they’ve been “reminded” as they have to be every year where I am.

UPS Agreements, 2013 – 2018

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
So here in the Bay Area our helpers are getting $19.50 an hour with overtime after 5.5 hours. HR is in full panic mode cause we haven’t hired the 85 Christmas Drivers that they promised before thanksgiving let alone staffing our building plus it’s adjacent peak building(village) let alone helpers. It’s a classic crap festival as usual. Also this just in.....helpers get no uniform only a vest this year. We are also using uber drivers to deliver residential this year as we’ve read about on here. We too our planing on sitting back and enjoying the show. Hard to act like you care when you knowingly worked your employees 14 hour days this summer. UPS truly showed that they care about us as much as they do the customers. I only wished they cared about us as much as they pretend to care about the environment.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
So here in the Bay Area our helpers are getting $19.50 an hour with overtime after 5.5 hours. HR is in full panic mode cause we haven’t hired the 85 Christmas Drivers that they promised before thanksgiving let alone staffing our building plus it’s adjacent peak building(village) let alone helpers. It’s a classic crap festival as usual. Also this just in.....helpers get no uniform only a vest this year. We are also using uber drivers to deliver residential this year as we’ve read about on here. We too our planing on sitting back and enjoying the show. Hard to act like you care when you knowingly worked your employees 14 hour days this summer. UPS truly showed that they care about us as much as they do the customers. I only wished they cared about us as much as they pretend to care about the environment.

I’m in 287 also...don’t know if we’re in the same building or not...this time last year we had so many seasonal drivers already starting and this year ZERO...we’re so screwed lol

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Donald-Trumps-Hell-No-Reaction.gif

iruhnman630

Guarantee them a days work, every day, for the full peak season, including at least 1 day of diad training, and they will come, and be effective.

One can dream.