ManInBrown

They are bringing back the $100 signing bonus in my area. Also the chance to win a flat screen. Corporate is clueless. All they look at is the bottom line, and I imagine, tell their subordinates, tough poopy get it done. Must suck to be low level management,
Yup. Guys like frigid get pooped on all day. Probably taking major heat.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Yvonne-Gougelet-Music-Fest-News-1025.jpg

I hired her on the spot, but told her hippie bf, he needed a shave and haircut before he starts

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They are bringing back the $100 signing bonus in my area. Also the chance to win a flat screen. Corporate is clueless. All they look at is the bottom line, and I imagine, tell their subordinates, tough poopy get it done. Must suck to be low level management,
I think you’re confused with the 2019-2024 National UPS/IBT Contract signing bonus.

TheFigurehead

Helpers? They cant find seasonal inside employees either (not to mention permanent inside employees). It's the same deal... bonuses for seasonals, iPads and TV's for referrals, a little sheet in your check every week begging for referrals, and they even have a little booth set up about two feet inside the door with people begging you to take referral sheets for seasonal hires... It's pathetic.

The good news here, I guess, is that, given there won't be enough inside employees to actually unload the boxes and load them into your trucks, you probably won't need a helper.

They can't even keep people on our preload. How do they expect helpers? A lot of people in my building said most workers get asked and they never have enough. I did 3 peaks before joining the company. I wouldn't be a helper now. I'd work seasonal Target putting shirts away and hitting on ugly women for 15 bucks. At least they tell you when they need you lol.

Box Ox

I wouldn't be a helper now. I'd work seasonal Target putting shirts away and hitting on ugly women for 15 bucks. At least they tell you when they need you lol.

Yep, same here. Was a helper several years before I looked at a permanent position with UPS. Don't remember getting jerked around like helpers are these days are. :censored2: all that.

Look at this bull:censored2: in the online job description. Nothing about having stupid "x.99" couple hour shifts. Makes it look like they could regularly get up to 12 hours. No wonder helpers get pissed and bail out in favor of family time. Feel sorry for helpers when they're fantastic performers until I'm stuck apologetically telling them the higher ups are saying I can only keep 'em for 2.99 hours.

"Driver Helpers usually meet the UPS driver at a mutually agreed upon time and location each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays. Hours vary but usually begin after 8:00 a.m. and end before 8:00 p.m."

clean hairy

They can't even keep people on our preload. How do they expect helpers? A lot of people in my building said most workers get asked and they never have enough. I did 3 peaks before joining the company. I wouldn't be a helper now. I'd work seasonal Target putting shirts away and hitting on ugly women for 15 bucks. At least they tell you when they need you lol.
Who tells you when they need you?
The ugly women, or the bosses at target?