When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
We live in a selfish and individualistic society, very shallow, that's just how it is.. look at the baby boomers, most of them sold their dreams of a happy family life for a retirement fund and summer homes. Most other cultures (not all), family is close-knit and there's usually someone at home.
True.
Part of the reason for the secular society we live in is what is being addressed. The responsibility hand off ( let someone else raise them ) is catastrophic.
Born dead center in the Boomers, '57, .. I guess going from an Outhouse with a catalog to a wireless Mac is a pretty big leap.
The wages at UPS allowed my wife to stay at home. The 3 we raised have better jobs than I did ( pay & labor ) and more structure than we ever had because of their hours.
Its tough out there when the whole world appears to have sold out.

F

Frankie's Friend

I may not write the checks but I have to deal with their less than stellar loads on a daily basis.
If they come to work without getting hit on the street I guess that makes the less than stellar employees a bit smarter than some driver(s) today.

F

Frankie's Friend

According to some, he's responsible for everything.

Global warming, deforestation, unsafe drinking water in Detroit, the list goes on.

It was Presser.

The government rat.

"I remember when the Teamsters had guts and were feared"

The common "rallying cry" of a few.

That is within the power of the company to change. (if they want)

The wages set, are the minimum.

End of story.

Absolutely.... spot on.

My family, always had a black & white TV.

-Bug-

Rabbit ears or just a circle loop antenna.
4 maybe 5 good channels.
Milk delivered to your house (insulated box) cuz moms were able to be home and relieved it cold.

Why doesn't the government fear the unions today? Members are weak.
Like taking candy from a baby.

F

Frankie's Friend

You can blame your generation for that.
Not at my house. My kids worked and are making more $ than I do with less stress.

Gotta have goals and the foresight to see them through.

That is where people miss it.
You ask a kid in school what they are going to do when they graduate and watch the fear rise in their eyes.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That will suck for those of us who've been here 8 to 10 years who are just getting over the $15 hour and a bunch of newbies come in from day 1 making the same thing. Give us part timers with time in some kind of boost.
In order for it to work (which it never does), if stating pay is $10 but your making $15 and they change starting pay it to $12, you “should” get a $2 bump also. $17!!

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Rabbit ears or just a circle loop antenna.
4 maybe 5 good channels.
A circle loop? 4 or 5 good channels?
You must have lived on the upper end.
Had to climb half way up a mountain to turn a piece of metal tubing in the right direction to get 1 channel.
Oh man oh man.. Dolly looked so snowy but so good on the Porter Waggoner Show!

ski or die

Ski or Die
Yep... we had a few casualties from those latches failing and the “floor” coming down and knocking people in the back and in the head..took a couple in for stitches...
Yep, one got me and they took me to the clinic. Then didn't understand why I wanted to go home for the rest of the night instead of back to work. Very compassionate supervisor.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yep, one got me and they took me to the clinic. Then didn't understand why I wanted to go home for the rest of the night instead of back to work. Very compassionate supervisor.
Those flaps were reinforced with a metal frame... one of those supports knock onto your head and you’re bent over it’s not good..