When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Just guys talking around our building. Our building cant keep any part timers cuz of the pay and the amout of work they have daily. They work for a week or 2 then quit.
Understandable. I do think the starting wage will be addressed but not at the level most think. And full timers won’t go for a no raise. Limited raise maybe, but none is a no vote.

So they have up to 5 years of lost growth?
As of now we get .10 an hour into pension until you gain seniority. Then you get the full amount. Let’s say $10 an hour.

Keep it at .10 until 90 days. Then bump it to $4-$5 an hour. Then full amount after 5 years.

upschuck

As of now we get .10 an hour into pension until you gain seniority. Then you get the full amount. Let’s say $10 an hour.

Keep it at .10 until 90 days. Then bump it to $4-$5 an hour. Then full amount after 5 years.
Just hurting pension. Full contribution, for full credited year.

A lot of pensions got in trouble by giving full credit for less than full contribution.

Just hurting pension. Full contribution, for full credited year.

A lot of pensions got in trouble by giving full credit for less than full contribution.
A full credit only means 500 hours in my pension. @ $10 an hour I would get $60 a month for that year. @ $5 an hour I would get $30 a month.

If it’s an issue, don’t make those years peer eligible. That would save the company an extra $1.40 or so an hour. I would still get my $30 a month but have to work 2.5 years longer.