When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Glad you mentioned technology—-our BA is on the national committee and he told us that they spent an entire week discussing discipline based solely on technology and could not come to an agreement m. The Company wants the ability to discipline without having to actually see the infraction while the Union says that they must be able to see it before they can discipline.
We all know the technology is spotty at best...you really want to trust our guys to this ???

Heavy Package

I heard no raises for full timers for 2 yrs, most of money going to part timers and new hires!

If the proposal to vote on includes minimum wage increases for FT (Let's be clear DRIVER) pay, then:

1. Healthcare benefits need to be restored
2. Pension contributions need to be upped
3. Harassment and 9.5 language included so workload is more manageable
4. PT wages and HOURS need to be increased

Give me 5 more years of items #1-4 and I could live with smaller yearly wage increases. Anything less and I'm ready to walk a picket line.

PT Car Washer

If the proposal to vote on includes minimum wage increases for FT (Let's be clear DRIVER) pay, then:

1. Healthcare benefits need to be restored
2. Pension contributions need to be upped
3. Harassment and 9.5 language included so workload is more manageable
4. PT wages and HOURS need to be increased

Give me 5 more years of items #1-4 and I could live with smaller yearly wage increases. Anything less and I'm ready to walk a picket line.
Add: 5. Eliminate the 4 year progression.

Heavy Package

Add: 5. Eliminate the 4 year progression

It's a valid point...But I don't see it happening. In fact I'm willing to bet good money it goes to 5-yr or two-tier wage system. I would argue UPS is already a de-fact 2- tier wage company. That's the real first sell out by the Union many years ago but it's too late now.