When does the negotiations get to the economics/pay?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The standards were so low they would have welcomed you with open arms.
Must have been lower for the military than as getting into ups mgt because I was targeted to go into mgt, you weren’t....and the excuse of being “over qualified “ is absolute BS....face it , they didn’t think you had what it took to direct people.....to make a rational decision.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Not a cushy job, but also not the hardest or most difficult job in the world either. Try being a roofer or construction work or concrete work. The high driver pay rate is subsidized by the low PT pay rate and most drivers know this. One of the biggest reasons for not increasing the starting PT pay.
Construction workers I know make more in roofing and concrete work than I do with the benefits added. Not everyone lives in Kentucky or West Virginia.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Air Force.

I didn't mind military life; in fact, I was promoted on a more frequent basis than most and had I stayed I know I would have at least made SMS, if not CMS.

My ex's Dad was a lifer and she did not want our kids to grow up as military brats.

She did confide to our son that she felt about making me separate from the service; truth be told, the move was probably the best thing for us in the long run.

I’ll give you one thing you can be entertaining

By the way we are laughing at you not with you

Just so ya know

dudebro

Can someone from NYC / LA / Etc. respond on what they think of the current pay rate? Is it a decent wage or is it peanuts for cost of living? What can you get with $100k / yr?

Or... is it good for the people who have lived there 20-30 years and had a house before the bubbles, etc. and now the new guys are screwed and think its peanuts?

I'm in mgmt, and I think it's fair but needs to keep rising. You can live OK in those areas but the cost is really a 1-1.5 hour commute each way.

If somehow the hours go the way many on here are looking for, fewer people will be making 100k though.

F

Frankie's Friend

As big of a D* as he is. He at least served

Thank you for your service you big D*....??? Is that what you mean???

No. Can't stand him but I will give credit where do.
Many that enlisted were offered the option to do jail time for a crime or enlist.
The average score on the testing at that time was 46 out of 110 possible correct answers. It wasn't that the government solicited the best, trust me. This is prime example of the caliber of people they got.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Can someone from NYC / LA / Etc. respond on what they think of the current pay rate? Is it a decent wage or is it peanuts for cost of living? What can you get with $100k / yr?

Or... is it good for the people who have lived there 20-30 years and had a house before the bubbles, etc. and now the new guys are screwed and think its peanuts?
I’m in the San Francisco Bay Area and the average house in and around here will run you north of $800K. Yes like the Jack Wagon of the Northeast said, you can move. Problem is that you won’t have employees to do the job. During peak we were running charter buses from up to 100 miles away to bring peskseason employees to our hubs.
So yes, wage is not only important but it’s a necessity. Perhaps Dave will speak at his union halls next meeting on our behalf and suggest, we get their raises. It truly does baffle me how someone so arrogant can be so ignorant.

Heavy Package

During peak we were running charter buses from up to 100 miles away to bring peskseason employees to our hubs.

Damn...Never heard of that before. It's almost like sharecropping in the old south. Can you imagine sitting on a charter bus for 2 hours each way to work preload or midnight for $11/hr? "Swing low, sweet chariot..." That bus must have smelled ripe on the way back!