10 step pay raises

MAKAVELI

That chart supports vantexan's theory that all steps including 10 will remain the same and those that are already on step 10 will receive 3%. Otherwise step 10 would show 27.07. That chart doesn't look real official though.
Yeah it looks like something a manager put together based on the email.

vantexan

Exactly my point. That's why I'm kind of leery about this one that has been posted.
Yeah it looks like something a manager put together based on the email.
I'm not being critical, just surprised anyone would think FedEx would come out with this step plan and then throw an annual cost of living adjustment for all of the steps. Considering their history getting to decent money in 9 years then(hopefully) get an annual 3% beyond that is about as much as could be hoped for. And considering the job market there should be plenty of takers for that kind of pay. I just wished those who saw 2% raises for many years got accelerated to top pay much faster.

vantexan

Even my manager said he doesn't understand why the silence.
I think the reason is FedEx had to give in to the employees to keep the company viable. They despise unions and went to great lengths to keep one out. They'd much rather keep that extra money so they aren't going to make a big deal about it.

Schweddy

Balls
semi critical? Thought this a while back... if they're only increasing step 10 by 3%? could it be to "retain" starting couriers so they "have something to look forward to" even though it may take even longer than "10 steps"? (steps meaning passed off as years, but could be skipped)

SmithBarney

I can tell you that if they increase step 1 by 3% but not steps 2-10 there's going to be a bunch of :censored2: off middle range people.

Nah Step one just disappears, new hires get hired at step 2(which becomes the next step one...) Welcome to FDX we are all running as fast as we can UP the DOWN escalator...

Organdonor

Do the steps differ between regions? If I got hired at $18.81, and I'm a new hire, what does that mean? Is there different steps for swing?

MAKAVELI

Nah Step one just disappears, new hires get hired at step 2(which becomes the next step one...) Welcome to FDX we are all running as fast as we can UP the DOWN escalator...
That is if they increase the starting wage. But If the steps stay the same as last year he would be hired at step 1.