10 step pay raises

slowdriver

At the absolute worst, you get what you were promised. I don't understand why people are uneasy.
The post office has the same type of step pay system, and they apply the cost of living adjustment accross the board to all steps. Why can't they do it that way instead of always looking for an out?

That, and how long can they do this before it returns to a two tiered wage sytem like it was before.

Last edited:

Oldfart

Nothing was promised......
Did you not see the chart they put out last year with each step on it? It was there for everyone to see and it has been put on here a few times. That chart shows you what your next raise will be each October. Ask your manager, I am sure he will show it to you. People always complained they never knew what the next raise would be so the company puts out each step and people still complain. I believe each step is close to 5%. Much more than the old 3% raises we used to get.

Yomama11

Did you not see the chart they put out last year with each step on it? It was there for everyone to see and it has been put on here a few times. That chart shows you what your next raise will be each October. Ask your manager, I am sure he will show it to you. People always complained they never knew what the next raise would be so the company puts out each step and people still complain. I believe each step is close to 5%. Much more than the old 3% raises we used to get.
Easily said by the guy who topped out in 2 years.

Schweddy

Balls

That's a lot of assumptions for someone who ONLY DEALS WITH FACTS

As Dwigt would say.. Idiot.

KEVSTR

Yes the difference between most steps are over 5%
But if you take into account of the cost of living is up around 1.75% this year, then are insurance plans are also going up by $20 a month so taking all that into account it’s closer to 3.3 - 3.5% raise.

Last edited:

Schweddy

Balls
Last years chart was fact.
Come this Sunday you will the next step come into play.

Gee, resorting to personal insults are we?

Yeah, only when you break your own rules. With the way you worship charts, I might start posting my own at the station. Are you head of the chart committee? Charts like these

Attachments

• IMG_8652.JPG
    IMG_8652.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 173

bacha29

there is always an out! And that one is almost always in big bold font.
You guys can go jawing back and for forever and you may never see the big picture. You have a cancer eating away at your wage base. It's called GROUND.Despite near bottom of the barrel wages often paid as a perdiem with no overtime and zero benefits the work continues for the time being to get done and don't think for a moment that X doesn't see that and while you may disagree I think that it does impact the wage progression at Express. The contempt that some of you have for Ground has merit especially if it does indeed have a negative impact on your wages and benefits going forward.

vantexan

You guys can go jawing back and for forever and you may never see the big picture. You have a cancer eating away at your wage base. It's called GROUND.Despite near bottom of the barrel wages often paid as a perdiem with no overtime and zero benefits the work continues for the time being to get done and don't think for a moment that X doesn't see that and while you may disagree I think that it does impact the wage progression at Express. The contempt that some of you have for Ground has merit especially if it does indeed have a negative impact on your wages and benefits going forward.
Except they already tried keeping midrange pay down close to Ground level. Oldfart topped out in 18 months. Not so long ago midrange employees were being strung along forever. It damaged the company. They're going about as far as they're willing to now but in today's job market it's not bad in comparison to what many jobs offer. Doubt there's a Ground contractor in the entire country paying close to top out wages. And when today's Express new hires reach top out in 9 years there will be Ground drivers who started at the same time not making much more than when they started. The question now isn't about Express pay, it's when and if FedEx will pay contractors more so that they can pay their drivers better.