Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I take a copy of my new med card straight to the DMV. They update it and give me a receipt. That way some dumb lazy state doesn't screw it up and take my CDL. But PC fags don't have CDLs so, I guess it doesn't really matter.
PC fags?? We’re not all gay like @Gumby

MC0493

Pretty sure i need the physical copy on me in NY as i have one now. Sup didn't tell me but knew my card was expiring soon when i brought it up asking what i had to do. I just kept it in the back of my mind all along.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I take a copy of my new med card straight to the DMV. They update it and give me a receipt. That way some dumb lazy state doesn't screw it up and take my CDL. But PC fags don't have CDLs so, I guess it doesn't really matter.

Why’s a grease monkey need a cdl

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Why’s a grease monkey need a cdl

Some buildings require the mechanics to have a CDL.

Test driving tractors, or having to go on road and bring a tractor to someone who is broke down.

In our building, all mechanics are required to have, and maintain, a CDL, even just package car mechanics.

MC0493

Lets try again. I'm pretty sure i need to have a physical copy of the medical card with me at all times. When i asked my supervisor what i needed to do in order to renew my card, he was aware that it was coming due but had not said anything to me about it. I just kept the expiration date in the back of my mind all along and just knew it was up. I've seen guys show up with expired cards, or have them expired days ago before anyone catches on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lets try again. I'm pretty sure i need to have a physical copy of the medical card with me at all times. When i asked my supervisor what i needed to do in order to renew my card, he was aware that it was coming due but had not said anything to me about it. I just kept the expiration date in the back of my mind all along and just knew it was up. I've seen guys show up with expired cards, or have them expired days ago before anyone catches on.

If you have it done before the card expires it is a refresher physical.

If wait until your card expires it would be as though you were getting your first card.

You can't drive with an expired card,it is your job to make sure it's current
It would be like getting in a car accident today and your insurance expired yesterday.

It's a big deal.

Gear

Parts on Order
Some buildings require the mechanics to have a CDL.

Test driving tractors, or having to go on road and bring a tractor to someone who is broke down.

In our building, all mechanics are required to have, and maintain, a CDL, even just package car mechanics.

Is it really some buildings? I assumed we all needed the A license for all the reasons you stated plus a state inspection license, if your state requires it. We also do monthly tractor runs, basically drive a tractor around on the road for an hour. This is supposedly the result of a PC mech saying he couldn't take a tractor to a broken down feeder driver because he hadn't driven one in years.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is it really some buildings? I assumed we all needed the A license for all the reasons you stated plus a state inspection license, if your state requires it. We also do monthly tractor runs, basically drive a tractor around on the road for an hour. This is supposedly the result of a PC mech saying he couldn't take a tractor to a broken down feeder driver because he hadn't driven one in years.

I have been to some buildings where the package car mechanics do not have a CDL and are not required to have one.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm due in June. I already know the date I will chose for my physical and will print out the required paperwork on my computer at a cost to me of 73 cents. The Doc thinks UPS makes it easy with their paperwork. Only downfall is we get a full sized piece of paper instead of a wallet sized card.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm due in June. I already know the date I will chose for my physical and will print out the required paperwork on my computer at a cost to me of 73 cents. The Doc thinks UPS makes it easy with their paperwork. Only downfall is we get a full sized piece of paper instead of a wallet sized card.

We get both----we turn in the paper and keep the card.

I had my last physical in 2016.