budlight

hey friend* face
I had recently renewed mine and for my ride along he had to see my card. Like was said earlier, they give us pieces of paper now. I had shrunk mine down and folded it and put it between my old laminated one. I like to mess with the guy, so I gave him my old one. Starts jotting down whatever info he needs then sees it's expired. Really? That's all I've got. Engage panic mode. :laughing:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
In my state it’s all via computer now we don’t have to carry them

Agreed but they don’t hand them out lol it shocked me but hey one less thing in my wallet

Strange.

DOT cards are regulated by the Federal Government, not the State Government.

§391.41 Physical qualifications for drivers.

(a)(1)(i) A person subject to this part must not operate a commercial motor vehicle unless he or she is medically certified as physically qualified to do so, and, except as provided in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, when on-duty has on his or her person the original, or a copy, of a current medical examiner's certificate that he or she is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle.

BlackCat

You are required to have the card on your person in the event that you are involved in an accident.
I just had my physical two days ago.

I repeatedly asked for a card to carry in my wallet.

They said that they no longer supply you with a "card". Instead, your drivers license is tied to your dot card.

tireknocker

They said that they no longer supply you with a "card". Instead, your drivers license is tied to your dot card.
Go to UPS store or office Depot and get it shrunk down to the size of a credit card

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

They are tying your DOT card to your license, without the need to carry the card, but right now I believe it is only for CDL holders.

That is why CDL holders need to re-certify with their local BMV every time a new card is issued.

CMV drivers, driving less than 26000 lbs, who do not need a CDL, do not certify with their local BMV, yet, and still looks like they need to carry their card.

Medical

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Go to UPS store or office Depot and get it shrunk down to the size of a credit card

Correct

Medical Examiner's Certificate

About this Form

If the medical examiner finds that the person he/she examined is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV), the medical examiner will complete a Medical Examiner's Certificate and give the original to the person who was examined. The medical examiner will keep a copy of the Medical Examiner's Certificate on file for at least 3 years. If a driver wishes the Certificate to be in card form, he/she may:

• Purchase a separate "medical card" from an industry supplier of motor carrier forms (e.g., State trucking association) before the physical exam and ask the medical examiner to complete and sign it, in addition to the Medical Examination Report form; or
  • Print the Certificate on cardstock paper. It is permissible to reduce the size of the Certificate.

trickpony1

The American Heart Association has recommended lowering the established guidelines currently used to determine high blood pressure from 140/90 to 130/80.

Why the sudden change in standards?
Perhaps Big Pharma and the medical community wants us on pills that cost 4 cents to make but sell for 1+ dollars each?

E

el blanco

that would be a tough threshold for a lot of drivers to maintain, without medication

rod

Retired 22 years
Why the sudden change in standards?
Perhaps Big Pharma and the medical community wants us on pills that cost 4 cents to make but sell for 1+ dollars each?

They lowered the numbers to qualify you for type 2 diabetes a few years ago. Now just about everyone over 50 or 60 qualifies as at least pre-diabetic. Its a great cash cow for the medical/pharmacy industry.

oldngray

nowhere special
They lowered the numbers to qualify you for type 2 diabetes a few years ago. Now just about everyone over 50 or 60 qualifies as at least pre-diabetic. Its a great cash cow for the medical/pharmacy industry.

My numbers have always been good but they always consider me at risk because my mother had type 2.

rod

Retired 22 years
My numbers have always been good but they always consider me at risk because my mother had type 2.

I just had my yearly physical at the VA and all my numbers are within the acceptable limits------thanks to the miracle of modern medicine.