Dilly

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.

Hello I'm new here and new hire ( seasonal)

Just wondering
I have a appointment on Friday. What should I expect? The email said " come ready for your first day of work" So no orientation?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hello I'm new here and new hire ( seasonal)

Just wondering
I have a appointment on Friday. What should I expect? The email said " come ready for your first day of work" So no orientation?
You should be dressed in clothes that regulate temperature, not baggy, can get dirty. Jeans and multiple layers of shirts like underarmour. A leather and mesh boot with good wool socks is ideal, this is where you are going to feel it the worse.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I was a driver's helper a few years ago and am doing it again this year. Are we allowed to have beards now?
I saw a helper in full uniform with a beard. I doubt they will care these days as long as you don't attract too much attention in your direction. Drivers right now gave up on shaving every day.

I_H8_Wreaths

I was a driver's helper a few years ago and am doing it again this year. Are we allowed to have beards now?

I went through the online training and was led to believe that we all had to be clean shaven, have short hair, and have no tattoos showing. Turns out that was all bull:censored2:...
-The first day I was a helper was the last day I shaved all of my facial hair off.
-The only reason I wear a hat is because my hair blows around in the UPS truck and it's annoying.
-Even my driver has tattoos showing at times.

Freshstart19

I started on Dec 9th and quit 2 days later for a better job. I signed up for direct deposit before i even started. Got a message from payroll that said it was created or changed. So would my check be dd?? Or paper?? And if paper do I go to hr to pick it up??

Mr. E-Reg

Hey Y'all, want to get some opinions on this situation and apologize for potential redundancy.
Started in Early August with lofty tales of full time employ and praise from Integrad Instructors. Put on an "Easy" Route which is admittedly easy in itself. Variable: Exclusively Isle Car; mostly doghouse with the usual comments from pre-load Soups being "someone hates you" as I A.M Tarzan my way through the smallest package truck in the brown fleet (I usually have 350+ packages w\ bulk buss irregs). My mornings consist of blundering through my center isle packages, so I'm already behind by 1 hour + the soul crushing "was load quality exceptible" end of day "Y" helps too. My building manager, has been an inspiration; granting me "I have drivers 2 weeks in doing better than you" and gems like "I've got a girl driver with a better spor". I nearly shed a tear. My H.R dep has as much information as a tired toaster oven. I've been nothing but accepting of criticism, advice, and maintained a positive attitude with my disenchanted superior . I'm a red-blooded 200 pound 26 yr old E-Reg squatting patriot with a will to get the job done safely and as timely as is ($eemingly) possible. I've never been accused of being stupid, so whats the deal? Peaks end is looming boys, should I apply to Dollar General? Thanks for your time. May the packages flow ever in your favor.

On average: over an hour- spor

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hey Y'all, want to get some opinions on this situation and apologize for potential redundancy.
Started in Early August with lofty tales of full time employ and praise from Integrad Instructors. Put on an "Easy" Route which is admittedly easy in itself. Variable: Exclusively Isle Car; mostly doghouse with the usual comments from pre-load Soups being "someone hates you" as I A.M Tarzan my way through the smallest package truck in the brown fleet (I usually have 350+ packages w\ bulk buss irregs). My mornings consist of blundering through my center isle packages, so I'm already behind by 1 hour + the soul crushing "was load quality exceptible" end of day "Y" helps too. My building manager, has been an inspiration; granting me "I have drivers 2 weeks in doing better than you" and gems like "I've got a girl driver with a better spor". I nearly shed a tear. My H.R dep has as much information as a tired toaster oven. I've been nothing but accepting of criticism, advice, and maintained a positive attitude with my disenchanted superior . I'm a red-blooded 200 pound 26 yr old E-Reg squatting patriot with a will to get the job done safely and as timely as is ($eemingly) possible. I've never been accused of being stupid, so whats the deal? Peaks end is looming boys, should I apply to Dollar General? Thanks for your time. May the packages flow ever in your favor.

On average: over an hour- spor

Poor, sweet baby.

NTGhost

I saw a helper in full uniform with a beard. I doubt they will care these days as long as you don't attract too much attention in your direction. Drivers right now gave up on shaving every day.
This, here in Germany was recently a federal high court ruling, that a beard is a selfexpression and expression of religious beliefs and can't be forbidden. But the court also ruled that the company can demand a clean and tidy appearens of those Beard's

I was hired as a 22.4. In the master contract it said our starting pay is 20.50 with wage profession it goes to 30.60. Ecola is what I'm wondering about. Since I was hired in 2019 will I get the 2018 Ecola raise? I'm still at 20.50 just wondering what my actual top rate will be and when I should get them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was hired as a 22.4. In the master contract it said our starting pay is 20.50 with wage profession it goes to 30.60. Ecola is what I'm wondering about. Since I was hired in 2019 will I get the 2018 Ecola raise? I'm still at 20.50 just wondering what my actual top rate will be and when I should get them.

16A9AD43-1B2B-432A-9D13-1C94A7C5C220.gif

Don’t know anything about “ecola”

But, stay away from this guy

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

You get the progression as outlined in the contract. When you complete progression you will be at whatever the top rate for 22.4's is at that time. Those who are not in progression get GWI (general wage increase), which is the same idea as what every other company calls a COLA. We have a separate provision for COLA that kicks in if inflation is above a certain percentage.

joenug

Hello I just applied for the package delivery driver in nj if and when I get hired what would be the starting compensation and wage bumps provided that everything goes well?? Kindly respond thanks