For all new hires, go here (on topic)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by toonertoo, Nov 4, 2014.

1. truckinusa

truckinusa New Member

About 5 days into my waiting for a call to shop up to work part time as a package handler? I wonder if I'm ever going to get the call? Do they normally call you as needed or is it inevitable I'll get a call?

2. 21Savage

21Savage Member

When do benefits kick in and what do I have to do set them up? My hire date was Jan 21. Someone said I should get something in the mail but I haven't seen anything yet.

3. truckinusa

truckinusa New Member

9 months until you hit full time.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

This may vary depending upon where you work. Ask around for a shop steward and ask him/her what the rules are for your area.

5. 21Savage

21Savage Member

Dud you mean 9 months OR until I hit full time? Because I already am FT

6. truckinusa

truckinusa New Member

Its 30 days in a lot of places and the paperwork arrives whenever. Call your fund.

7. 60lbBagofdogfood

60lbBagofdogfood Active Member

9 months after your hire date

8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Sometimes they just call random people for no apparent reason

SMH

9. truckinusa

truckinusa New Member

does it help to drop by and remind them you are interested?

10. UpstateNYUPSer

I would not recommend that but you can send an email to the HR person that interviewed you to remind him/her that you are still interested in the position.

11. Br0wnBandit

Br0wnBandit New Member

Am I the only one having trouble memorizing the 5's and 10's??

12. UpstateNYUPSer

Start with the 1's and 2's and work your way up.

13. Br0wnBandit

Br0wnBandit New Member

That's what I've been doing. HR originally have me the wrong 5's and 10's sheet. Studied that for a day, got the correct sheets today and I have until Thursday morning to know the 5's verbatim, and have the 10's down.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

I was screwing with you.

15. Run Don't Walk

Run Don't Walk New Member

Just spoke with the HR guy today and he said I'm hired. Just waiting on class. Does anyone know where I can find the 5's and 10's and to start memorizing them?

16. Br0wnBandit

Br0wnBandit New Member

5 seeing habits verbatim, and the 10 point commentary should be the first line and a description in your words. WWw.memorize.me works pretty good memorizing the 5's just open 5 tabs and put one in each no punctuation.

Attached Files:

17. Run Don't Walk

Run Don't Walk New Member

Much appreciated!

18. Br0wnBandit

Br0wnBandit New Member

No problem. I was having trouble memorizing the 5's and got them down over night with that site.

19. Ragan228

Ragan228 New Member

Not sure if this was covered or not. I am currently in the process of getting hired on as a cover driver (part-time). After having to go back on and finish some stuff on the application (for the background check). The position had changed to loader/unloader. HR warned me about this ahead of time and said they just code cover drivers that way and that I am in fact applying as a cover driver. Is this normal practice?

20. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U check this out