I have a meeting with Indeed tomorrow at 12. I just got hired in today. Should I cancel the meet for tomorrow?
so you got hired by indeed or UPS. If you mean UPS than they basically turned around and screwed you over if they sent you a request for an interview which means they haven't hired you yet and will select only a few employees during interview. That's what they did a few years ago. But if they don't you can always apply to fedex which will hire you and set you up for orientation.

My advice to young drivers, learn the way of the turtle asap. Go slow everyday dont do anything you are not required to do. Do not be in a rush for any reason, ever. Drink plenty Water between every stop , bathroom breaks whenever necessary, do not walk on ANY lawn for any reason ever. Do not use your personal cell phone for ups for any reason ever. Take your full 1 hour lunch, and always take break on road NOT at the center. Do not talk to mgmt about anything, do not send any oms just work extremely Slow and of course file 9.5 every week no matter what. Make every stop last as long as possible, if the speed limit is 15 mph you go 5-10 mph. The name of the game is causing mgmt stress if you can do that you will be fine! ~Turtle man out.
so basically don't try to play the hero. Nice advise but you're gonna have a bunch of hot headed desperate newbies who will not take your advise and do the opposite. There plan "UPS will hire me permanent if I work hard".

TwoLeftFeet

I had a phone interview for a seasonal tractor-trailer feeder position. The recruiter told me it takes 10 years of experience to apply to be a tractor-trailer driver! I can't find anywhere on the internet to back up that claim. Is this true? People with 10 years of experience apply for a seasonal job? This feels off. Wouldn't you put that on the job requirements somewhere before getting to the phone interview for a seasonal job? Now I have to wait until Tuesday for someone to call me back to answer that question.

Brownwind

I had a phone interview for a seasonal tractor-trailer feeder position. The recruiter told me it takes 10 years of experience to apply to be a tractor-trailer driver! I can't find anywhere on the internet to back up that claim. Is this true? People with 10 years of experience apply for a seasonal job? This feels off. Wouldn't you put that on the job requirements somewhere before getting to the phone interview for a seasonal job? Now I have to wait until Tuesday for someone to call me back to answer that question.
Ten years??? Doesn’t seem right. If you have a clean CDL license your golden.

Perhaps one of our feeder drivers can answer. Might have to wait a few hours since this is there rest time. Please keep us updated.

HankScorpio

Question, I was talking to my UPS driver about jobs and he said that the driver shortage would pretty much guarantee you were hired on permanently even if you started out as a seasonal temp. I know his statement does not equate to an actual guarantee but would most of you say this is true? I’m a pragmatist so I’m not getting my hopes up.

Question, I was talking to my UPS driver about jobs and he said that the driver shortage would pretty much guarantee you were hired on permanently even if you started out as a seasonal temp. I know his statement does not equate to an actual guarantee but would most of you say this is true? I’m a pragmatist so I’m not getting my hopes up.
The country is headed into the recession so...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You’re a year too late
Start in the hub and wait your turn like the rest of us did

I'm a new 22.4 full time not seasonal, and just passed driving school. My first day driving is next week on November 8th. They are skipping ride alongs comletely, and I'm going straight to driving? couple questions: If you were me, would you request to ride with a supe/ do ride alongs for a few days? and how would you go about doing that? Also I just read a thread on here about being hired during peak even if you're full time. The guy was asking whether or not he would be fired afterwards. The thread had 82 replies. Half of them were bs lol and the other half said, you're screwed..they will fire you no matter how well you perform. Is this true? If so, I would really rather not waste my time or get my hopes up. So help a brother out with honest answers please. I'm 29 years old and worked like a dog all my life and outworked anybody i've ever met. Not bragging..its the truth.. so no doubt in my mind that I can do the work but is it a lost cause? Help a brother out

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
outworked anybody i've ever met. Not bragging..its the truth..
We got a go getter here I love when they come on here telling everybody they are the greatest since sliced cheese Then quit after the 3rd day
It’s contractual they have to hire 6 from inside for every one they hire off the street and normally that one goes to a bosses nephew or cousin or one of their buddies

We got a go getter here I love when they come on here telling everybody they are the greatest since sliced cheese Then quit after the 3rd day
It’s contractual they have to hire 6 from inside for every one they hire off the street and normally that one goes to a bosses nephew or cousin or one of their buddies
I mean... it's the truth. I make it a point to outwork everybody. Self will is an amazing thing.. I like leaving a job knowing they can say whatever they want..but they can't say i didn't work my ass off...I included that part cuz alot of dudes that get on here with second thoughts do it cuz they don't wanna work..im not one of those guys.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I mean... it's the truth. I make it a point to outwork everybody. Self will is an amazing thing.. I like leaving a job knowing they can say whatever they want..but they can't say i didn't work my ass off...I included that part cuz alot of dudes that get on here with second thoughts do it cuz they don't wanna work..im not one of those guys.
Like he said, you’re getting laid off after Christmas. And so you know, everyone works hard on the Brown plantation.

Phineas

Last two feeder drivers at our building came right from driving school-no experience