Orion inc.

I like turtles
Again, I'm right.. it's been proven.. please stop giving people misinformation as usual.. how does "Cheryl" allow you guys to stay on here?

I think the first way for Cheryl to stop this horrendous flow of "misinformation " is start by banning you.

Weren't you the guy that said not every area or hub or center is the same and now your argument with @Turdferguson is opposite of that?

What's next? You going to tell people how the contract and the southern supplement work for TCDs??? Oh wait that would require you knowing and understanding that part of it.

AutoZone

BrownPower
They get the dollar sorter pay though don't they
They get the $1 while they're coded pick off.. if they get bumped down to the load, they lose the $1 for that time worked. Ex: if I make 10.10 to load, and I go up and pick off, I get the bump to $11 during that time.. but my rate stays 10.10... So when I'm not picking off I lose it... As a certified sorter that passed the test, my rate is moved to $11.. so I get it no matter what job I'm doing..

AutoZone

BrownPower
Just mention that your aren't being paid correctly and it should be added to a future check. Your new rate will be $11.10, and the back pay on your check may show as an adjustment.
Is fighting for .10 an hour in back pay really worth it? $2 a week...X 35 weeks give or take.. $70ish... Hmmm.. might be worth it..

By The Book

Is fighting for .10 an hour in back pay really worth it? $2 a week...X 35 weeks give or take.. $70ish... Hmmm.. might be worth it..
UPS is all about the numbers so don't feel guilty in any way about talking to your supervisor about this. Approach it like this....Could you do me a favor?, I think my pay rate is wrong could you do an inquiry just to make sure? They do this all the time, it's no big deal. This will help you in the future now that they know you know what your correct pay rate should be.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You cannot be a sorter without passing the test! They're not just going to throw someone on the aisle that doesn't know where anything goes! It goes hand in hand.. that's why there's no special entry in the contract for it..
Never took a sorter test when I was an hourly and got sorter pay.

Never made a sorter take a test when I was a sort sup, and they got sorter pay.

Soo....

km3

Just mention that your aren't being paid correctly and it should be added to a future check. Your new rate will be $11.10, and the back pay on your check may show as an adjustment.

I doubt he'll get it. The $1 raise got bumped down to $0.90, then $0.85, and as of now, $0.80 because $10.10 was the minimum wage for federal contractors (in 2015...it's higher now). If he had started at the contractual rate, of $10.00, it would have been a dollar. UPS is using the minimum wage as an excuse not to give a full $1.00 or a full $0.50 raise when employees are entitled to them.

But if he does get it, maybe UPS owes me an extra $0.20/hr now... Let us know how it goes, Jake, if you pursue this. I'd love to know how it turns out.

By The Book

I doubt he'll get it. The $1 raise got bumped down to $0.90, then $0.85, and as of now, $0.80 because $10.10 was the minimum wage for federal contractors (in 2015...it's higher now). If he had started at the contractual rate, of $10.00, it would have been a dollar. UPS is using the minimum wage as an excuse not to give a full $1.00 or a full $0.50 raise when employees are entitled to them.

But if he does get it, maybe UPS owes me an extra $0.20/hr now... Let us know how it goes, Jake, if you pursue this. I'd love to know how it turns out.
Does UPS not pay what the agreed upon rates are? Does the contract state that the increases will be adjusted based on minimum wage fluctuations? Troubling if you ask me, file a grievance and get this straightened out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does UPS not pay what the agreed upon rates are? Does the contract state that the increases will be adjusted based on minimum wage fluctuations? Troubling if you ask me, file a grievance and get this straightened out.

I don't recall reading anything where our wages are in any way tied to minimum wages at either the local, state or federal levels.

Hi! New on here and didn't know where to ask this. I was hired during November, I was asked to stay and received my new hire packet. It says my start date is January 16. I was on schedule for this week, but was told to be on call instead. Is this normal? I already signed for the union and permanent part time. They told me seasonal drivers went back to preload, and they have seniority.

haller

Hi! New on here and didn't know where to ask this. I was hired during November, I was asked to stay and received my new hire packet. It says my start date is January 16. I was on schedule for this week, but was told to be on call instead. Is this normal? I already signed for the union and permanent part time. They told me seasonal drivers went back to preload, and they have seniority.

You need to make a thread, no one answers here.