brownisthenewblue

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.

I would like to know how to apply for a UPS job. Lowes has thrown managers to the curb so I'm in need of a new career. I hear good and bad things of UPS. I think the good outweighs the bad...is there a way to get in?

Brownsdown

I'm freaking out over here. I was told to text my supervisors an hour prior to me coming in to see if there was work that day for me due to the fact it's a real slow in January-February. I haven't worked in 2 weeks straight. Now they've laid off the pole that sucked mid January, so I have that going for me( they didn't lay me off) I'm always on time, never late. There has been some misleads here, and there. But nothing to the measures of others. I started in November. I judged atarted my 30 day towards my book. About 24 more days,lol. Very stressed here. Please some words of wisdom

*Jersey*

I'm freaking out over here. I was told to text my supervisors an hour prior to me coming in to see if there was work that day for me due to the fact it's a real slow in January-February. I haven't worked in 2 weeks straight. Now they've laid off the pole that sucked mid January, so I have that going for me( they didn't lay me off) I'm always on time, never late. There has been some misleads here, and there. But nothing to the measures of others. I started in November. I judged atarted my 30 day towards my book. About 24 more days,lol. Very stressed here. Please some words of wisdom
Are you a troll? Lol

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I was a seasonal in Manhattan NY and couple of hours are missing from my last pay check. Where can I call?
IMG_0346.GIF

Just a quick question.. How long does it take for someone in UPS to go from a package handler to a full time driver? Some people tell me a year, 5 years, and I even hear nightmare stories of it taking 10 years. I can see myself really enjoying being a driver for UPS and it's the next career move I really want to make. But the thought of being a package handler for 5 years sounds dreadful.:halfdead:

km3

Just a quick question.. How long does it take for someone in UPS to go from a package handler to a full time driver? Some people tell me a year, 5 years, and I even hear nightmare stories of it taking 10 years. I can see myself really enjoying being a driver for UPS and it's the next career move I really want to make. But the thought of being a package handler for 5 years sounds dreadful.:halfdead:

Nobody here can answer that. Some people here work in buildings where it takes 5+ years. Where I am, it's 7 months. Depends on your building's needs.

It depends on the members and what's happen in their lives... I've seen it in about 5 to 10 years... I've seen it as soon as a year... The thing to look for is when they raise a pension... That helps members retire faster... Good luck!