i didn't really think it seemed necessary to call them when they told me quite explicitly that i would be working and they would call me. i guess i'll give them a little reminder on monday if they dont call me in the morning

i was just doing what i thought was right. they told me i was working and that they'd call me, so i followed their instructions and was ready to go to work. in hindsight, sure, maybe i should've called them to see what was going on, but at the time i didn't consider it. quite honestly had i considered it i probably would've told myself, "no, they said they'd call you, you don't want to pester them after they've given you explicit instructions that THEY will call YOU" because that's just the kinda person i am, i just don't want to be a bother. but i guess ill try to be more bothersome.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
i was just doing what i thought was right. they told me i was working and that they'd call me, so i followed their instructions and was ready to go to work. in hindsight, sure, maybe i should've called them to see what was going on, but at the time i didn't consider it. quite honestly had i considered it i probably would've told myself, "no, they said they'd call you, you don't want to pester them after they've given you explicit instructions that THEY will call YOU" because that's just the kinda person i am, i just don't want to be a bother. but i guess ill try to be more bothersome.

Show a little initiative you might be surprised

Show a little initiative you might be surprised

UPS: "you're scheduled to work tomorrow, i'll call you"
me, next afternoon: "hey, why didn't you call me?"
UPS: "well if you REALLY loved me, you would've shown some initiative and called me first!! it was a test to see how you truly felt about me and you FAILED!!"

i guess UPS is run by teenage girls playing mindgames with their boyfriends. you guys should've warned me to wait at least 3 days after our first meeting to contact them so i don't look desperate, i would've totally failed that test too

If only UPS was as bad as teenage girl mind games... it can get worse.

Wait until the day you're most of the way home and changed out of your stank wet and cold clothes and all you wanna do is lay some pipe and knock back some beers, and the center calls you to meet back with your driver.. then when you get there, well nevermind.. we thought we might need you but don't.

Don't let them walk on you. It can get maddening, but don't let it. That's just the way this company works. Somehow they turn 4bn profit per quarter so it works on some batcrazy insane level.

athens

So, I'm a new driver helper, they called first to have me help pre-load...I show up Monday and get 25 minutes of training and sent home. Called Tues and work 5 hours Wed AM loading trucks with different people with different ways of doing it(no real training). I had like 10 big boxes for my truck come all at once down the belt, it was all I could do just to get them off the belt and on the floor (there's no room). A minute later I guess he is the supervisor(no one has told me who's who?) comes by and starts complaining about boxes, really what do you want me to do? I'm busted my butt, turns out they had to move these items to another truck. Later told to load all the mail in back of truck......load about half of it (30-40 boxes) and I think it was this truck route driver says to take all that mail off, really, I take it off. Then all the AM workers just start leaving? We done, can we go? I ask someone whom I think is in charge and they say yes go home, were done. This place is a zoo.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ABEC8C5B-41BD-4C74-84CD-B818202D7670.gif

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
It's been enlightening. I had two packages yesterday. One was about 3' x 5' and weighed 83 lbs. It was so much fun trying to get it loaded in the cart, and then up the incline driveway to the front door. (Not really). The other one was about a 4' long and 8" x 8" box. I go to grab it... and geez. It must have been a piece of solid metal. I think it weighed more than the other one. Today... Happy Thanksgiving to my body... lol. Ouchie. Don't they have a hand truck (Dolley) for these packages. I need one.

fordian82

I am a new driver. My hire date was 10/17/2017, and I was wondering if I get paid for Thanksgiving and Black Friday if they told me to go home on Black Friday because my route was taken off the schedule.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
I am a new driver. My hire date was 10/17/2017, and I was wondering if I get paid for Thanksgiving and Black Friday if they told me to go home on Black Friday because my route was taken off the schedule.
I'm pretty sure that any benefits and paid days come after one year of employment.

Maplewood

in my area if you have worked 30 days as a "trainee", not a peak hire, then you are guaranteed 8 hours pay for showing up. Other states South of us have s 40 hour work week guarantee. It depends where you are and if you have gained senority.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope.

Paid holidays are after your first year.

Were there any helpers on road? You should have worked before any of them.