Faceplanted

In the south the contract specifically states the work week is 5 consecutive days.

They threatened discipline last year and this year, none ever came down

Everybody who doesn't want to work sat, man up.... call in sat morn and tell them you can't work. No need to make excuses or anything like that.

vvv

I booked off when Xmas Eve was on a Saturday once.
It was forced on anyone with available hours.
No warning letter but it put a bullseye on my back.
Let's just say, the knife goes in deeper when you give them a chance to aim.

Moral of the story, Pick Your Battles

Wear the bullseye with pride, I have for oh so long and am still living, breathing, and yes still employeed by UPS.
I am already looking forward to Christmas Eve 2018 and it falling on a Monday. ;)

And no forcing in my center/building this Saturday. Rather they sent another message as they do every Thursday asking in advance. Solid raffle prizes for whoever shows this Saturday.....no BS!!
Needless to say that "forcing" nonsense doesn't exist in our area.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wear the bullseye with pride, I have for oh so long and am still living, breathing, and yes still employeed by UPS.
I am already looking forward to Christmas Eve 2018 and it falling on a Monday. ;)

And no forcing in my center/building this Saturday. Rather they sent another message as they do every Thursday asking in advance. Solid raffle prizes for whoever shows this Saturday.....no BS!!
Needless to say that "forcing" nonsense doesn't exist in our area.
What is so big about xmas eve Monday? Another 14 hour day, no?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
You guys need that 177 supplement so you can send responses like these...

20171222_110326.jpg 20171222_110320.jpg

opie

Tuesday to Saturday drivers have to work. Monday to Friday have the option. Many M-friend drivers told me they are not working, or will only work till midday and come back to the building with work on truck. And now there is talk of having the lowest senority drivers be on call for Sunday. Though nobody can be forced on a Sunday.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Dinner?! What the hell is that :censored2:? We used to get biscuits from McDonald's every few months but now it's just a damn donut on our forced Saturdays.
Our center manager cooks us up a few prime ribs, crab legs, lobster tail, and 3 kinds of potatoes. And that's just every Friday throughout the year.

Faceplanted

We have gotten "catered" breakfast in Saturday's. You had to sign out your $2 breakfast sandwich so that you didn't try and get seconds. That some real motivation from a company who made 3+ bil profit every quarter.

I wouldn't know the details because friend working on sat when I already got 64hr

And now there is talk of having the lowest senority drivers be on call for Sunday. Though nobody can be forced on a Sunday.

I heard the same thing today.. force low seniority and seasonal for Sunday. They need to open their wallet and double time it if they wanna save Christmas.

We have gotten "catered" breakfast in Saturday's. You had to sign out your $2 breakfast sandwich so that you didn't try and get seconds.

Dude there's been so much food. We've all been feeding each other and fed by management and treats and eggs and sausage and burgers and pizza and stews and rolls and biscuits and breads. I've been eating two free meals every day.