opie

Looks like there were thunderstorms in Louisville this morning. Planes will be arriving late, which has happened everyday anyway. Looks like UPS will be in trouble. Today our building won't have a full staff, with several M-friend drivers declining to come in, including myself. With no more help from PT Saturday Air drivers, they are screwed.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Looks like there were thunderstorms in Louisville this morning. Planes will be arriving late, which has happened everyday anyway. Looks like UPS will be in trouble. Today our building won't have a full staff, with several M-friend drivers declining to come in, including myself. With no more help from PT Saturday Air drivers, they are screwed.
Do the right thing and show up this morning to help UPS deliver Christmas!:clap:

UPSjedi41

All depends on your Local and it’s language. In 705, we now have Saturday ground but regular M-friend employees can’t be forced to work Saturdays, despite their begging, asking, and threatening requests.

opie

Yep, Local 177 here....Next contract I am sure they will try to change that in our supplement.

All depends on your Local and it’s language. In 705, we now have Saturday ground but regular M-friend employees can’t be forced to work Saturdays, despite their begging, asking, and threatening requests.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I can recall in years past our BD and HR folks "browning up".
UPS sent one of it's lawyers out to help me one peak 30+ years ago. I had to laugh. He had never driven a package car. He had brand new shoes on, and his uniforms still had the creases on it. I pulled off a subdivision and numbered them stop for stop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As predicted, our Saturday operation was a complete cluster. Or so I heard.

Ours was as well. 1030 start. All of our cars were loaded for Tuesday with the 2000 shelf reserved for Saturday air only. I had a grand total of 6 packages. We were unable to download EDD so rather than wait for that issue to be resolved I left and delivered all 6 packages "old school". We had one of our waves of air that was sent to Albany for some reason so our air driver had to drive down to Exit 29 to meet the driver who was bringing the air up from Albany, which was supposed to be done by 1200. He didn't get back to the building until 1400. They had held 4 drivers who were going to shuttle the late air to the other drivers in their loops before starting their own deliveries. I came back to the building at noon and rather than sit and wait I went and grabbed some lunch. Left at 1400 with a grand total of 7 packages. Punched out at 1500. 4.5 hours @ $50/hr to deliver 10 packages.

We were told not to touch any of the Tuesday packages as doing so would lead to routes being cut. We were also told that we would be getting 3 waves of air on Tuesday which is why we were being so sent out light (I only have 79 stops).

To add to the confusion yesterday we had snow that changed over to freezing rain. While the main roads were OK the side roads, parking lots and driveways quickly became skating rinks.

We have an additional 4-6" coming in late tonight through midday tomorrow which should make for an interesting ride down to visit my kids and grandkids.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Ours was as well. 1030 start. All of our cars were loaded for Tuesday with the 2000 shelf reserved for Saturday air only. I had a grand total of 6 packages. We were unable to download EDD so rather than wait for that issue to be resolved I left and delivered all 6 packages "old school". We had one of our waves of air that was sent to Albany for some reason so our air driver had to drive down to Exit 29 to meet the driver who was bringing the air up from Albany, which was supposed to be done by 1200. He didn't get back to the building until 1400. They had held 4 drivers who were going to shuttle the late air to the other drivers in their loops before starting their own deliveries. I came back to the building at noon and rather than sit and wait I went and grabbed some lunch. Left at 1400 with a grand total of 7 packages. Punched out at 1500. 4.5 hours @ $50/hr to deliver 10 packages.

We were told not to touch any of the Tuesday packages as doing so would lead to routes being cut. We were also told that we would be getting 3 waves of air on Tuesday which is why we were being so sent out light (I only have 79 stops).

To add to the confusion yesterday we had snow that changed over to freezing rain. While the main roads were OK the side roads, parking lots and driveways quickly became skating rinks.

We have an additional 4-6" coming in late tonight through midday tomorrow which should make for an interesting ride down to visit my kids and grandkids.
Cool story Captain.

Super Powers

My route became a Tuesday to Saturday route in April of '17. I really hate it. I could bump in on Mondays, but, I'm a satellite driver and I live 50 miles from the UPS hub. I really don't want to drive in to do a route I don't know.