Are Unions ethical?

• Total voters

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You say "our" country? LoL! You mean your own fantasy, not mine. A "country" is merely an idea. Not all ideas are believed by all.

I never have called police on the drunk.

However if you want to be "cuckstitutional" about it. The sheriff would be the only constitutionally legal way to go about it, not through city cops.

Ok. Read you loud and clear.

tenor (25).gif

Trailer monkey

So you're mad because I refuse to join your little tea time club lol and one wonders why so many of the populace think so little of unions...
Unions are a hell of a lot more popular with the general public than cockroach scabs. There is a little known issue about retirement that scabs don't know about, but will find out LOL!! Hint:nothing to do with pension

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The way I see it, union members are the freeloaders. All they do is complain about having to work and then threaten grievances and retaliation if they have to actually do any actual work like us scabs who refuse to join their little protection racket
So you are management. Finally, you've given yourself away. You're not a scab dude you're just jealous of our pay and free benefits.
I understand that. Just come out of the dispatch closet and fess up Casper.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Country boys don't need no mafioso thugs to do their bidding for them[/QUOTE]
So you're saying that "country boys" are as or more violent than the mafia?
What are you saying tick? You dont make much sense. No wonder the management alienates you. You're a loose
goose and a disgrace.

Proud To Be A Scab

Commie Unionists are Traitors
So you are management. Finally, you've given yourself away. You're not a scab dude you're just jealous of our pay and free benefits.
I understand that. Just come out of the dispatch closet and fess up Casper.

Um...no. I was raised better than to be a member of a union. Where I'm from, union members are anti-liberty limp wristed leftists that use the threat of violence via the mafioso gang of the union to get out of any real work.

Union, is pretty much a 4 letter word

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Um...no. I was raised better than to be a member of a union. Where I'm from, union members are anti-liberty limp wristed leftists that use the threat of violence via the mafioso gang of the union to get out of any real work.

Union, is pretty much a 4 letter word
So is SCAB.
Yeah, you're either a pot stirring management person posting in the union forum or you're a retiree from Upstate New York.

So...there's a drunk on the preload.

Wreaks of alcohol.
Carries a flask.
Has a hard time seeing package labels.
Nearly runs over employees in the parking lot while coming into work.
Boasts about his alcoholism.
Admits to being under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while on the clock. etc.

Management wants him gone, however the union steward is threatening reprisal via grievance against management's actions if they fire the belligerant drunk.

I've already let HR know and they became defensive the moment I mentioned the steward defending the drunk. The HR rep implied I was a conspiracy theorist (I go from calm to enraged like a 3000hp dragster when called that) for even mentioning that the steward is defending the drunk from being fired.

What gives? The drunk at work poses a danger to the workers. He's been arguing with several preloaders. Not one preloader has anything good to say about him. The preload general consensus is they want him gone. Management wants him gone.

The only reason why he's allowed to continue working while drunk is because he's a gang member (union member) and the steward has been very intimidating via raising his voice and threatening grievances if management does their job of employment termination like they're supposed to.
You make no sense. If this guy is who you say he is management has the right to test him and if he fails he is DUN (done). I find it hard to believe management knows he is under the influence and just ignores it.

You're joking, right?

He used to trash talk about the drunk all the time. Now that the belligerent drunk is a gang member, the steward pretends he sees nothing wrong at all with the other guy acting the way he does...

Mind you, the other union members including drivers want the union steward removed from his position as well. Who really knows why he's still the steward.

Maybe it's "union tactics as usual" but that's me just being a crazy conspiracy theorist

If other union members want him gone its not rocket science someone needs to grow a set of balls and start a petition for election (or recall) and elect a new steward. Better yet Mr. Scab why not you grow a set and do so. Or are you management thinking you can just stir the pot?

Star B

White Lightening
The way I see it, union members are the freeloaders. All they do is complain about having to work and then threaten grievances and retaliation if they have to actually do any actual work like us scabs who refuse to join their little protection racket
hey, I heard FedEx Ground in your area is hiring. What? You don't want to give up your pay or benefits? Hmmm...

Integrity

Binge Poster
So...there's a drunk on the preload.

Wreaks of alcohol.
Carries a flask.
Has a hard time seeing package labels.
Nearly runs over employees in the parking lot while coming into work.
Boasts about his alcoholism.
Admits to being under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while on the clock. etc.

Management wants him gone, however the union steward is threatening reprisal via grievance against management's actions if they fire the belligerant drunk.

I've already let HR know and they became defensive the moment I mentioned the steward defending the drunk. The HR rep implied I was a conspiracy theorist (I go from calm to enraged like a 3000hp dragster when called that) for even mentioning that the steward is defending the drunk from being fired.

What gives? The drunk at work poses a danger to the workers. He's been arguing with several preloaders. Not one preloader has anything good to say about him. The preload general consensus is they want him gone. Management wants him gone.

The only reason why he's allowed to continue working while drunk is because he's a gang member (union member) and the steward has been very intimidating via raising his voice and threatening grievances if management does their job of employment termination like they're supposed to.
Have you reported this to the UPS Helpline?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I find it hard to believe management knows he is under the influence and just ignores it.

This is just a (lame) Troll thread.

Every person in management, goes through the same training on identifying

employees under the influence. Including other management.

There is no chance (after being made aware) the company would incur this type

of liability and allow this person to keep working without an evaluation..

Period.... end of story.

@Proud To Be A Scab is just jerking your chain.

Proud To Be A Scab

Update: Mr. Drunk is still employed with UPS.

Several employees complained that he smelled like a liquor store yet again.

Begs the question, what good is a union steward and/or management when it comes to union members like this...

Proud To Be A Scab

This is just a (lame) Troll thread.

Every person in management, goes through the same training on identifying

employees under the influence. Including other management.

There is no chance (after being made aware) the company would incur this type

of liability and allow this person to keep working without an evaluation..

Period.... end of story.

@Proud To Be A Scab is just jerking your chain.

Believe whatever conspiracy theories you wish. The jack-o-lantern is still coming into work drunk

Proud To Be A Scab

So is SCAB.
Yeah, you're either a pot stirring management person posting in the union forum or you're a retiree from Upstate New York.

Try neither.

I absolutely HATE leftists, which a union member is. The anti unionists recognize the corrupt power structure of unions as the same as the corrupt power structures of government.

For me, there's no difference between a union, a gang, and government. It's all the same damn thing