10 step pay raises

It will be fine

Except they already tried keeping midrange pay down close to Ground level. Oldfart topped out in 18 months. Not so long ago midrange employees were being strung along forever. It damaged the company. They're going about as far as they're willing to now but in today's job market it's not bad in comparison to what many jobs offer. Doubt there's a Ground contractor in the entire country paying close to top out wages. And when today's Express new hires reach top out in 9 years there will be Ground drivers who started at the same time not making much more than when they started. The question now isn't about Express pay, it's when and if FedEx will pay contractors more so that they can pay their drivers better.
Ground drivers don't last for 9 years. 18 months is a long term veteran.

Maui

Base will be 17.10 for couriers. It does appear that Workday knows the new pay. Who else knows is anybody's guess.
So, for sure, the top and bottom will be increased 3%. Steps 2-8 have not been communicated.

The email did state that the moves include: 3% for hourly, a move to the next step for step progression and 3% for top of range. I guess it includes more for Step 1 also. Weird that everything wasn't just laid out in a chart attached to the original email.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Base will be 17.10 for couriers. It does appear that Workday knows the new pay. Who else knows is anybody's guess.
So, for sure, the top and bottom will be increased 3%. Steps 2-8 have not been communicated.

The email did state that the moves include: 3% for hourly, a move to the next step for step progression and 3% for top of range. I guess it includes more for Step 1 also. Weird that everything wasn't just laid out in a chart attached to the original email.
This is all so friggin confusing. Are you saying that someone will get moved to the next step for step progression, PLUS 3%?

Oldfart

Yes the difference between most steps are over 5%
But if you take into account of the cost of living is up around 1.75% this year, then are insurance plans are also going up by $20 a month so taking all that into account it’s closer to 3.3 - 3.5% raise.
I believe most raises are .75 or so. That is over $1500 on just on 40hrs. Your insurance is going up $240 a year. I will take a $1500 or more raise and pay $240 more in insurance every day of the week.

You can't blame Fedex if things cost more and they are ONLY giving you 5%. Most on here would complain if they received 8%. Fedex can't evaluate every expense its employees have and figure out how big a raise to give. 5% is a pretty generous raise.

KEVSTR

I believe most raises are .75 or so. That is over $1500 on just on 40hrs. Your insurance is going up $240 a year. I will take a $1500 or more raise and pay $240 more in insurance every day of the week.

You can't blame Fedex if things cost more and they are ONLY giving you 5%. Most on here would complain if they received 8%. Fedex can't evaluate every expense its employees have and figure out how big a raise to give. 5% is a pretty generous raise.

I agree that taking home an additional $1500 for a $240 cost raise in insurance is still Better than getting nothing.
Although yes allot of companies take into account the COLA as they will also adjust their own rates for the services they provide to make up that COLA raise every year, exsp a company like this when fuel goes up and their other exsp go up they will raise the rates to ship packages and etc.

Schweddy

Balls

And don't get me started on my increased state taxes...

Oldfart

And don't get me started on my increased state taxes...
So FDX is supposed to give you a bigger raise because of your state taxes?

I enjoy hunting and my state almost doubled my big game hunting license this year. I guess I could ask for a bigger raise to offset that.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I thought the point of the step system was to eliminate the confusion?

It does, but some people take that as a personal challenge and work even harder to be confused by it.

The progression plan lists the 10 steps of pay. Which step are you on now? On the raise date, you'll go to the next one. What's the pay rate for that step? That's how much you'll be making. If you'll be going to step 10, you might get more. There. Simple. And here we are nearly 800 posts later with people who are baffled.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It does, but some people take that as a personal challenge and work even harder to be confused by it.

The progression plan lists the 10 steps of pay. Which step are you on now? On the raise date, you'll go to the next one. What's the pay rate for that step? That's how much you'll be making. If you'll be going to step 10, you might get more. There. Simple. And here we are nearly 800 posts later with people who are baffled.
The chart doesn't confuse me. I'm just wondering how 3% fits in.