JDRBF

In my hub start times for the preload is anywhere from midnight-5am, however it’s usually between 2:30-4:30am. End Time is around 9-10:30am. It has fluctuated all year.

As said, my hub they have special peak hours for preload is 3am to 930am 6 days (Monday, we were forced). Normally, my hours are 4am to 8am 5 days a week.

engrey

When will the 13 dollars go into effect in local 63? I’ve asked all my sups and no one knows a thing. Is that because there’s actually no information, or they aren’t being informed?

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
Nice thread! A co-worker and myself had an ongoing bet about miss loads. If I found one on his truck he owed me 10$ and vice versa. It really upped our game and made it a little bit more fun.

CallmeL

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.

I am a seasonal DRIVER. I believe in following rules that are in place and doing the job I was hired for... and doing it honestly. This being said. I have witnessed many LONG TERM drivers breaking every rule I was told to follow. Does anyone care? I rode along with a driver on Xmas eve and sat angry as all hell as he fumbled with his diad as we drove, messed with this iPhone changin up the music. Stopping and leaving the car running all day long ONLY turn off the engine maybe 30 times after 160 stops we made. Drive to first location.. leave car running. Open door, throw 5 packaged into the front, shut the door, drive to one house.. leave his seat belt on and car running.. scan package on the floor and push to me with his feet. I delivered first packaged got back in the car and in my seat and put on my seat belt only to have him drive one house away 20 feet and do the same thing again. After some comments from me and some huffing n puffing he would get up and take one package. LEAVING car running while we both had left the car.....

I saw this guy as a complete waste of a resource for this company, Wasting time.. drawing out his day for the hours. Using me to do all the work while he sat in his seat. Many times he started driving just before my butt hit the seat and had yet to put my seat belt on. He played obnoxious loud music pulling up to customers homes.
I got out once to deliver a package and he drove off down the street waiting for me to walk to him. Passing houses and having me walk back three houses. Delivered package to wrong house and doubling back to retrieve it. Walking in front of the package car. Never using handle to step back into the package car. SERIOUSLY breaking every possible rule. WHY are these drivers still employed here???

HERE is another thing I saw.. END of day.. Drivers throw their garage out the door onto the Center floor, expecting other workers to clean up their trash. ?????

Others drivers I drove with refusing to stop to do their on road car pre inspection. ETC ETC.

LETS put undercover bosses in these trucks and start getting rid of these loser employees breaking all the rules and stealing hours to get a big paycheck. This made me so angry to watch.....

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I am a seasonal DRIVER. I believe in following rules that are in place and doing the job I was hired for... and doing it honestly. This being said. I have witnessed many LONG TERM drivers breaking every rule I was told to follow. Does anyone care? I rode along with a driver on Xmas eve and sat angry as all hell as he fumbled with his diad as we drove, messed with this iPhone changin up the music. Stopping and leaving the car running all day long ONLY turn off the engine maybe 30 times after 160 stops we made. Drive to first location.. leave car running. Open door, throw 5 packaged into the front, shut the door, drive to one house.. leave his seat belt on and car running.. scan package on the floor and push to me with his feet. I delivered first packaged got back in the car and in my seat and put on my seat belt only to have him drive one house away 20 feet and do the same thing again. After some comments from me and some huffing n puffing he would get up and take one package. LEAVING car running while we both had left the car.....

I saw this guy as a complete waste of a resource for this company, Wasting time.. drawing out his day for the hours. Using me to do all the work while he sat in his seat. Many times he started driving just before my butt hit the seat and had yet to put my seat belt on. He played obnoxious loud music pulling up to customers homes.
I got out once to deliver a package and he drove off down the street waiting for me to walk to him. Passing houses and having me walk back three houses. Delivered package to wrong house and doubling back to retrieve it. Walking in front of the package car. Never using handle to step back into the package car. SERIOUSLY breaking every possible rule. WHY are these drivers still employed here???

HERE is another thing I saw.. END of day.. Drivers throw their garage out the door onto the Center floor, expecting other workers to clean up their trash. ?????

Others drivers I drove with refusing to stop to do their on road car pre inspection. ETC ETC.

LETS put undercover bosses in these trucks and start getting rid of these loser employees breaking all the rules and stealing hours to get a big paycheck. This made me so angry to watch.....

They won't keep you on no matter how many people you rat on. If the driver is doing all this stuff telematics will get them in trouble.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
7F04AB85-4837-434E-AE48-FAAA1EBE1B5A.gif

CallmeL

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
They won't keep you on no matter how many people you rat on. If the driver is doing all this stuff telematics will get them in trouble.
NOT a matter of keeping me on... JUST disgusted by how I see some of these Full Time drivers break all the rules and slow down the pace to get paid more, then bitch about everything. I have enjoyed the seasonal job.. and don’t see me wanting to work 55 hours every week of my life for the money and no LIFE :))). Maybe I will look into the undercover boss job and clean house on these losers I encounter.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
NOT a matter of keeping me on... JUST disgusted by how I see some of these Full Time drivers break all the rules and slow down the pace to get paid more, then bitch about everything. I have enjoyed the seasonal job.. and don’t see me wanting to work 55 hours every week of my life for the money and no LIFE :))). Maybe I will look into the undercover boss job and clean house on these losers I encounter.

You worked here for one seasonal period, but know how to run the business better than the management team that is in place?
giphy (15).gif

CallmeL

Nothing of what I said had anything to do with management. Simply my experience with BAD employees being bad employees. There is some sort of entitlement that they think rules don’t apply to them... or maybe the union will protect them. The simple fact is.. A company HIRES you and pays you and they have rules.. do your job the best you can and follow the rules. Rules are in place for a reason... SAFETY!!! IF you owned a company and had employees would you be happy with your employees breaking all your safety rules and getting paid to wander around and tell you NO they won’t do something and fight against what you tell them to do? AND someone called me a RAT??? I vented here, nowhere else. AND why someone be called a rat for calling someone out and breaking safety rules???

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Nothing of what I said had anything to do with management. Simply my experience with BAD employees being bad employees. There is some sort of entitlement that they think rules don’t apply to them... or maybe the union will protect them. The simple fact is.. A company HIRES you and pays you and they have rules.. do your job the best you can and follow the rules. Rules are in place for a reason... SAFETY!!! IF you owned a company and had employees would you be happy with your employees breaking all your safety rules and getting paid to wander around and tell you NO they won’t do something and fight against what you tell them to do? AND someone called me a RAT??? I vented here, nowhere else. AND why someone be called a rat for calling someone out and breaking safety rules???

Everything you said has to do with management. All the stuff you witnessed would show up on reports that management gets every morning. Those package cars are loaded with electronics that measures everything a driver does. They don't need undercover boss. They have telematics

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
396CDDBB-5C1E-4D96-8967-4B47B3518672.gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I vented here, nowhere else. AND why someone be called a rat for calling someone out and breaking safety rules???

Quit being a bitch. You're a seasonal employee and from your own statement, you don't want to stay on working like a dog 55hrs a week. WTF does it matter to you what the employees do in a job you have no desire to work in?

Go friend*n cry about the dickbags at Walmart that put perishable food back hours after after it's returned and been sitting in the carts. Go friend*n cry about the firemen who don't wear their SCBA all the time. GO friend*n cry about why you're such a dickbag that you have to take a seasonal job and then cry some more that other people are doing it wrong.

friend*

Last edited:

scooby0048

@Brownslave688 comments? suggestions?

scooby0048

Everything you said has to do with management. All the stuff you witnessed would show up on reports that management gets every morning. Those package cars are loaded with electronics that measures everything a driver does. They don't need undercover boss. They have telematics

The guy sounds like a management shill anyways. I think we are both wasting our breath and time responding.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

@Integrity made a troll account. How cute