DrKush

Seasonal Personal Vehicle Driver

What's the typical day for this position? Mileage, Number of packages...
Depends on the route, I suppose. I've been doing about 60-80 miles. Average of 65 stops. Combo of rural and neighborhood route. It's a hustle but completely enjoyable. A strong employee partnership is key; clear respect towards and efficient communication with the driver is essential.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Depends on the route, I suppose. I've been doing about 60-80 miles. Average of 65 stops. Combo of rural and neighborhood route. It's a hustle but completely enjoyable. A strong employee partnership is key; clear respect towards and efficient communication with the driver is essential.

60-80 miles and 65 stops

Hope you have another job lined up after Christmas

That’s not gonna cut it

BigBadBrown2018

I was hired by ups as a permanent. I did intergrad and passed. It's been several weeks now and was told by hr that I need to wait for a route to open. I also never recieved my paycheck for intergrad. What do I do? I call hr every other day and have no reply. Just lost at this point. And it's not just me, its several other intergrad graduates that are waiting also. Is this something ups does. I thought I would be working as soon as I was done with intergrad. I quit my job to work here and now still waiting! Sucks!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was hired by ups as a permanent. I did intergrad and passed. It's been several weeks now and was told by hr that I need to wait for a route to open. I also never recieved my paycheck for intergrad. What do I do? I call hr every other day and have no reply. Just lost at this point. And it's not just me, its several other intergrad graduates that are waiting also. Is this something ups does. I thought I would be working as soon as I was done with intergrad. I quit my job to work here and now still waiting! Sucks!

You may have been misinformed

Doubt you were “hired by ups as a permanent”

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Ok, why would I do intergrad and all the school stuff if I wasnt a permanent. And I asked hr several times if i was a permanent and they said yes several times!
lol

err, I mean, hopefully you stay on.
But the situation is very clear.
They can fire you for any reason they want until february, really.

Hope you like preload.

BigBadBrown2018

I wont do no preload. Either I'm a driver or I'm out. So I'll see how they want to go about this. I quit my job for this and this is how they treat people. Not a good look and bad taste in my mouth!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
2C306B41-3BCD-4FC7-A325-4EA08A11C544.gif
I wont do no preload. Either I'm a driver or I'm out. So I'll see how they want to go about this. I quit my job for this and this is how they treat people. Not a good look and bad taste in my mouth!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Let’s pretend for a second you are a ft driver. From mid January until May you’ll be working preload and twilight to get your hours for the first few years.

BigBadBrown2018

I hope for your sake you are but most of us have been around awhile. He and management will tell people whatever they think they need to to get them to work for the 6 weeks of peak.
Excuse my language, but that's :censored2:ing wrong. I gave up my job because I thought ups was it. Union and great pay. I've been union all my life. From a glazier to merchant marine. It sucks how people lie and play with someone's livelihood. I have kids and now I'm struggling because I quit my other job and they knew this. But thank you for being honest!