Yozh69

They want too much and the younger generation isn't willing to put the time in.

No :censored2:ing work ethic at all. Give me everything right now. I worked 3 days, don't I deserve a sick dày or 3?
Well, that's good. My girl is the opposite. If the work ain't hard she feels there is something wrong. Like they are taking it easy on her and she has to prove she can last 12 hours.

Yozh69

The major differences are lower pay for the same job, no protections against unwanted OT, and the certainty of working the weekends since UPS will be a 7 day operation after peak this year. And, of course, it's a combo job -- which means inside work as well as driving, but most people here expect 22.4s will be driving almost exclusively, e.g., the position is part of a longer-term strategy to undermine the pay of RPCDs.

Tues-Sat doesn't necessarily mean they're ushering her into 22.4. Most of the newer RPCDs in my center are Tues-Sat.

Reading the national agreement, all open RPCD positions will be filled by existing union members (aimed at existing part-timers) and not off-the-street hires.
So I would think the position she's being hired into is a 22.4.

What's overtime pay at UPS?

Yozh69

Reading the national agreement, all open RPCD positions will be filled by existing union members (aimed at existing part-timers) and not off-the-street hires.
So I would think the position she's being hired into is a 22.4.

What's overtime pay at UPS?
Just found out she is getting hired as a 22.4