I worked seasonal driver past winter and I was let go and I was told to re apply but wen I try re applying it said something about not elligible for rehire at the time. how long do I have to wait b4 I can reapply again ?

Trash Panda

If they have an ad for your area call HR and see what the situation is and if they are actively hiring. HR had to create another application to fill out online when i got a call back.

Trash Panda

Info i remember from another member with the same issue was to call your supervisor and see if you can get the status changed. Could be a tech glitch in the system.

Soverism

Was recently talking to a newly-hired pre-loader employee, and he told me that he completed his interview/tour/W-2 paperwork, etc. on May 6, 2019, and the Human Resources person said to him, "Expect an early-morning phone call from your Supervisor asking you to come into work -- within the next few days or so," and his very first day of work was actually June 20, 2019.

It took almost six weeks of him waking up & semi-getting-ready-for-work at around 3:00am-ish before he received his very first come-to-work phone call.

UPS makes the hiring process way more complicated than it needs to be, and potential and/or beginning employees get frustrated & burned out very quickly from all the confusing/vague/contradicting/half-truth information that they receive.
I think the hiring process is easy, when I did it for PT preload the HR person told me to wait a week to come into training after filling something out online,after that they told us to come into training the next day, the training only took 2 days, on that 2nd day of training they put us to work

ConfinedAnxious

I just got hired. What should I bring with me to work, like can I bring a backpack? I’m a Package Handler( Pre Loader). Also how should I dress? (Im a female). Also any other advice. Kinda nervous for me first day. It’s next Tuesday.

Jstpeachy

I just got hired. What should I bring with me to work, like can I bring a backpack? I’m a Package Handler( Pre Loader). Also how should I dress? (Im a female). Also any other advice. Kinda nervous for me first day. It’s next Tuesday.

I’m a female on preload- best thing I can suggest is workout attire. I wear exercise Capri type bottoms paired with a tank top. It’s hot depending on where you live (I’m in the southeast so it’s gross all hours of day here)

Non slip shoes are required. I opt for steel toe work shoes based on preference but steel toe isn’t required.

We are allowed to bring in a bag (I use a small backpack kind of like the purse type ones) but that may vary based on your building.

Bring water- a refillable bottle is good. Hydration is important. I also bring Bluetooth headphones to play music on my phone but that may or may not be allowed where you work idk.

The beginning sucks. Boxes can be heavy. Tires and oversized stuff comes down the belt so be prepared- if it’s over 70 lbs ask for help if you need to. Training is minimal at best usually so ask other loaders or drivers for tips and stuff.

Don’t expect to be great your first day, do your best and seek feedback mostly from peers instead of supervisors on loading because the sups don’t seem to care about the day the driver will have based on how you load.

Good luck! Ive been here about 3 months, lost 28 lbs so far lol and gained some muscle. It’s hard but not impossible.

Yozh69

My girlfriend applied online for a full-time package driver position. They had her in for her first interview today and have invited her back tomorrow to do her paperwork and send her for her physical. She does have a current DOT physical.

They also want her to complete computer based training.

Sound legit to me. I have a hard time believing that UPS will hire a package driver off the street but seems to be on the up-and-up so far.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My girlfriend applied online for a full-time package driver position. They had her in for her first interview today and have invited her back tomorrow to do her paperwork and send her for her physical. She does have a current DOT physical.

Sound legit to me. I have a hard time believing that UPS will hire a package driver off the street but seems to be on the up-and-up so far.

This has got to be a first

Dude asking questions for his O’lady

Is she computer illiterate

Full.time seasonal driver.,

Whither

Scofflaw
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. But they (UPS) swears it's not. Fortunately she has a very flexible job she can fall back on should that turn out to be the case.

I just qualified as an off-the-street hire. Depends on how desperate for drivers the building is. I chuckle every evening I punch out and put my board in the charging station and see that no one's signed the 22.4 bid posted in my center for 2 weeks now.