burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I use a backpack cooler in the warmer months and just a backpack when it's cold. Granola bar and a banana in the AM, PB & J for lunch. If you're lucky you may have time to stop somewhere for food, but usually I am eating between stops. Always, always have water. I bring bottles because my tap is polluted but lots of guys have a thermos. I may fill one up with coffee if it's one of those days, it will sit in my backpack. Anything not in your backpack or strapped down is going to roll around. Good luck

Why not take a lunch break like nearly every other hourly worker in America?

churn n’ burn

Why not take a lunch break like nearly every other hourly worker in America?
I do but most days I break it up unless I am running a Resi route. After I'm done my deliveries I might sit for 10-20 mins before pickups (on a light day). I might sit at a pickup for 10-15 mins if I am early, can't get into dock, etc.., so I just try to make best use of my time. On the resi routes recently its been hard to enjoy a 30 minute lunch when your day consists of 200+ stops and 115 miles.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I do but most days I break it up unless I am running a Resi route. After I'm done my deliveries I might sit for 10-20 mins before pickups (on a light day). I might sit at a pickup for 10-15 mins if I am early, can't get into dock, etc.., so I just try to make best use of my time. On the resi routes recently its been hard to enjoy a 30 minute lunch when your day consists of 200+ stops and 115 miles.

SMH

Another runner gunner is born

Whither

Scofflaw

My resi route has been averaging 225 stops and 85 miles for months. I take my full 30 a couple hours later than usual so I don't get ravenous 50 deliveries before the finish line, but always before the 6th hour. Second best part of the day. Paid 10 is the best. There's always time for breaks the contract grants us.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I start my job as a package car driver this coming Monday. I was wondering what everyone puts there lunch in? (Backpack,cooler)and do people find it easier to have a thermos? I know there isn’t a lot of room in the truck and I would prefer to know what the majority of the people do. Thanks
You put it in the DIAD no earlier than 10:30A or later than 3:00P

Tucker88

Banned
I had my first week of work as a package car driver. What I would to know is how I find out my allotted time is to finish the route. I felt I had a couple good days and would like to know if I scratched or not. Not sure if it’s on the Diad or the computer the guys glued at work. And man,that Diad can be confusing at times ugh

Aspiring Jenga Master

Ok, I'm back to trying to get in my 30 days. I have alot of anxiety as in Florida the numbers are getting out of control with Covid cases and the political leaders are doing nothing to get it back under control. Even spring training teams aren't coming to Florida.

So with all the drivers, all the packages, working loading semi trailer 2 or 3 a day, i am breathing to heavy to wear a mask. I have tried. I dont want to get covid and do everything possible to avoid getting it.

So with the background . . will I be let go without fulfilling my 30 days if I get covid. I have 3 weeks left till my three five-day weeks fulfill my 30 days are through. Im really anxious I could lose my job if I am unfortunate to catch the disease . . any anwsers? Are new hires being protected during this emergancy pandemic?

Aspiring Jenga Master

You put it in the DIAD no earlier than 10:30A or later than 3:00P
I have worked 2 years as a casual driver. The biggest thing you need in your cooler is a big monster energy drink with a cap. Integrad teaches you to keep wipes with you. Save those large Monster cans in your back pack. When you have to use the restroom . . close the bulkhead doors and use it and clean your hands with the wipes. You dont have time in rural areas to drive to the gas station.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have worked 2 years as a casual driver. The biggest thing you need in your cooler is a big monster energy drink with a cap. Integrad teaches you to keep wipes with you. Save those large Monster cans in your back pack. When you have to use the restroom . . close the bulkhead doors and use it and clean your hands with the wipes. You dont have time in rural areas to drive to the gas station.

In rural areas piss out the door monster cans are for heathens

Aspiring Jenga Master

Ok, I'm back to trying to get in my 30 days. I have alot of anxiety as in Florida the numbers are getting out of control with Covid cases and the political leaders are doing nothing to get it back under control. Even spring training teams aren't coming to Florida.

So with all the drivers, all the packages, working loading semi trailer 2 or 3 a day, i am breathing to heavy to wear a mask. I have tried. I dont want to get covid and do everything possible to avoid getting it.

So with the background . . will I be let go without fulfilling my 30 days if I get covid. I have 3 weeks left till my three five-day weeks fulfill my 30 days are through. Im really anxious I could lose my job if I am unfortunate to catch the disease . . any anwsers? Are new hires being protected during this emergancy pandemic?
Will policy protect new hires or will I have to fear that people will come to work infecting others to get their 30 days.