churn n’ burn

Will policy protect new hires or will I have to fear that people will come to work infecting others to get their 30 days.
Want to hear a joke about covid? "You probably won't get it."

I would stop worrying about it. When you're in the hub or out of the trailer, wear your mask. Use sanitizer before you put it on. Wash your hands asap, keep your distance, you'll be fine.

freehoodies

Will policy protect new hires or will I have to fear that people will come to work infecting others to get their 30 days.
Take zinc and vitamin D supplements. Hydroxycholoroquine got alot of press for helping covid, but all doctors using it say it's only effective with zinc. It "opens" the cells and lets zinc in and that interferes with covid's replication. Without hydroxychloroquine it will take longer to build up, but most people are deficient in zinc so its a good idea to supplement. (most are deficient in magnesium and other essential vitamins too, peoples diets are terrible)
Vitamin D is closer to a hormone than a vitamin, and Vitamin D deficiency is very closely tied to poor covid prognosis. Check Dr Rhonda Patricks interview on Joe Rogans podcast for a better explanation.

Tucker88

Banned
I’m looking for a ups driver newer polo shirt. I need a large and I’m willing to pay . Thank you. I’ve been waiting over a month for mine and I would like it sooner

Chavan12

Hello! Looking for some insite on NYC hubs.
I’m a newbie. Only have 20 something days on the books. Trying to make my 40. Got hired as a combo driver. When they hired me I was told guaranteed 40 hours a week. As of lately for the past 3 weeks I keep getting sent home because of “no work” or “my route isn’t running”. I’m not sure what to do. I’ve made scratch continuously. My numbers are good. I don’t get why they won’t give me work or send me to a different location.

DblsTrpls

Got my interview with my local center coming up. Hopefully I’ll be able to stick around to become regular. That being said- I know UPS has standards on tattoos, IE- not visible in the uniform, so, do guys that have visible tattoos, cover them? Or is it more center to center discretion?

freelancer8

Hello new hire here. Will be starting in the Oak Creek area in Wisconsin next week as a package handler. I expect this will be a tough challenge for an skinny person in average shape heh.

But If I make it through, i'm wondering how far up the promotion ladder I can go? That's if I last long enough or don't get let go eventually lol. Never owned a driver's license or a car, so I expect that'll limit me somewhat if I get far since I enjoy taking the city bus to places that I want to go to.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello new hire here. Will be starting in the Oak Creek area in Wisconsin next week as a package handler. I expect this will be a tough challenge for an skinny person in average shape heh.

But If I make it through, i'm wondering how far up the promotion ladder I can go? That's if I last long enough or don't get let go eventually lol. Never owned a driver's license or a car, so I expect that'll limit me somewhat if I get far since I enjoy taking the city bus to places that I want to go to.

I’d say you’re at least division manager material

not sure how riding the bus is gonna work in that position

Ridka24

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
I had trouble with 2 checks I was supposed to get after working for 2 weeks as a new hire.My direct deposit didn’t come thru and my Sup didn’t have a check for me and told me to contact HR.Its been a week and I’ve. Been calling non-stop and not given clear directions on how to get my money.I redid my direct deposit to see if things change but nothing so far.What should I do?

Tucker88

Banned
I just completed my 15th day as a package car driver. The problem is my book has only been filled out till day 3. I was with a supervisor for the first three days and he filled it out. But since then I’ve been by myself and have had 3 different routes. I’ve also gotten back early almost all the days and then have gone and helped others finish there route. My sup tells me I really haven’t run scratch and it’s not my fault because I’ve ended my day helping others and with that the numbers don’t help in my favor. I was told they were going to give me more volume so I don’t get back early or have to help others so they can get a better idea on my numbers during the week. Does it not matter that my book hasn’t been filled out yet. My on road sup said he was going to come on the road with me to evaluate me but it hasn’t happen yet. Keeps saying he’s busy and will do it another day.. I’m seasonal till Jan but was hoping to qualify and make full time soon. Is the 30 day book for 30 calendar days or 30 working days ? I think I only saw 20 days in the book but the book is with my sup now. I’m just wondering if cause the book has only been filled out 3 days then I’ve only done 3 days. Very frustrated right now anf not sure what’s going o

I just completed my 15th day as a package car driver. The problem is my book has only been filled out till day 3. I was with a supervisor for the first three days and he filled it out. But since then I’ve been by myself and have had 3 different routes. I’ve also gotten back early almost all the days and then have gone and helped others finish there route. My sup tells me I really haven’t run scratch and it’s not my fault because I’ve ended my day helping others and with that the numbers don’t help in my favor. I was told they were going to give me more volume so I don’t get back early or have to help others so they can get a better idea on my numbers during the week. Does it not matter that my book hasn’t been filled out yet. My on road sup said he was going to come on the road with me to evaluate me but it hasn’t happen yet. Keeps saying he’s busy and will do it another day.. I’m seasonal till Jan but was hoping to qualify and make full time soon. Is the 30 day book for 30 calendar days or 30 working days ? I think I only saw 20 days in the book but the book is with my sup now. I’m just wondering if cause the book has only been filled out 3 days then I’ve only done 3 days. Very frustrated right now anf not sure what’s going o
30 working days

Tucker88

Banned
30 driving days.
Ok thanks. Does it matter that I’ve done 15 working days and they only filled out 3 days so far?? Supervisor has been real busy so he hasn’t come with me and I’ve been by myself for the last 12 days and nothing else written in my book after day 3. I feel like I’m getting screwed

Ok thanks. Does it matter that I’ve done 15 working days and they only filled out 3 days so far?? Supervisor has been real busy so he hasn’t come with me and I’ve been by myself for the last 12 days and nothing else written in my book after day 3. I feel like I’m getting screwed
They don't ride with you for 30 days. LOL

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont know as I am no longer an employee of UPS..
But if they owe you keep track..
starting dd does throw a kink in things sometimes.