burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Passed interview, road test and dot. Driving school located 75 miles away in queens, NY. Yesterday on a federal holiday my total commute time back and forth was 4 hours 38 minutes. Didn't go back for day 2 today. Know my 5s and 10s verbatim and I'm pretty pissed off they pulled that on me. When did zoom classes stop?
Why didn’t you go back for day 2 ?

JoeOP

Why didn’t you go back for day 2 ?
The too long of a commute to the driving school was a big issue for me leaving at 530 am and coming home at nearly 7 pm. I just didn’t want this job enough, like I said to the other wise guy above - was doing this driving school on a vacation week from work. Was completely turned off to the job after that first day of training. At 43 I’m too old to start something like this, no chance do I see myself lasting 20 years in that truck. Gonna save my body.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The too long of a commute to the driving school was a big issue for me leaving at 530 am and coming home at nearly 7 pm. I just didn’t want this job enough, like I said to the other wise guy above - was doing this driving school on a vacation week from work. Was completely turned off to the job after that first day of training. At 43 I’m too old to start something like this, no chance do I see myself lasting 20 years in that truck. Gonna save my body.
Lol
What a pusillanimous

JoeOP

Lol
What a pusillanimous
Everyone that I have come across at two ups hubs in the last few weeks has seemed like a miserable human being. Duck that existence.

Just so you pleb handlers know that there are off the street people like me coming in and rejecting 22.4 jobs. Enjoy.

Last edited:
You couldn't handle school you definitely couldn't handle doing this job so you probably did the right thing

JoeOP

Why didn’t you go back for day 2
You still live in moms basement?
You couldn't handle school you definitely couldn't handle doing this job so you probably did the right thing
More of not wanting to handle it and I agree. It’s a young man’s job to start a career with, not at nearly 44. Hey, at least I know my 5s and 10s while I’m driving down the street. Scan don’t stare.

More of not wanting to handle it and I agree. It’s a young man’s job to start a career with, not at nearly 44. Hey, at least I know my 5s and 10s while I’m driving down the street. Scan don’t stare.
Unfortunately you're passing up an opportunity to have a job with a decent paycheck, great healthcare and some kind of a pension plan.
Good luck to you

Unfortunately at this juncture at my life I’d rather keep my body in good shape. Only bad can happen at my age starting something like this.
Person I think you're making a mistake by passing up a good opportunity to set you up for the rest of your life but if you don't feel you can do it then nothing else I can say will help you

Not at my age ups guy, I’m 43. Looking for a career change and I was going to do driving school on the vacation week I just took from my current job.
I started at 39. Sacrifice, my man. This job is what you make it, you take care of your body and you'll be fine. If you're a pile of sheet, you'll just be a pile of sheet. Good luck.

JoeOP

Person I think you're making a mistake by passing up a good opportunity to set you up for the rest of your life but if you don't feel you can do it then nothing else I can say will help you
It’s over and done with. I was already informed by HR that I was disqualified for not showing up today. The only thing I regret is wasting so much time getting up to this point and learning all of those fives and tens.

JoeOP

I started at 39. Sacrifice, my man. This job is what you make it, you take care of your body and you'll be fine. If you're a pile of sheet, you'll just be a pile of sheet. Good luck.
Like I just said to the other guy, been dq’ed for my absence today. Can’t go back.
You could at least made it through the week and got paid...
I will be paid minimum wage for being there yesterday.
You could at least made it through the week and got paid...
I am being paid, I’m on a paid vacation from my regular job that I’m unhappy at. Took it to try this school out and left there not wanting to return. perhaps ups will pay me the $15 per hour for the one day I was there.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Like I just said to the other guy, been dq’ed for my absence today. Can’t go back.

I will be paid minimum wage for being there yesterday.

I am being paid, I’m on a paid vacation from my regular job that I’m unhappy at. Took it to try this school out and left there not wanting to return. perhaps ups will pay me the $15 per hour for the one day I was there.
What’s your other job?