Rev6267

I’m coming over from FedEx Ground, which had absolutely :censored2:ty truck maintenance and management.

I start tomorrow (Monday, Aug. 16), with three days of online Integrad and two days of on-road instruction, which includes the on-road 5s and 10s examination and “Clarkesville” package delivery simulation.

Any tips for this newbie? Ready to get going.

I’m coming over from FedEx Ground, which had absolutely *ty truck maintenance and management.

I start tomorrow (Monday, Aug. 16), with three days of online Integrad and two days of on-road instruction, which includes the on-road 5s and 10s examination and “Clarkesville” package delivery simulation.

Any tips for this newbie? Ready to get going.
Learn your 5s and 10s verbatim, be prepared to regurgitate it at a moments notice. Keep your head down, eyes up, and mouth shut. Do what you're told, don't offer your idea or a better way to do it, or say some dumb s* like, "Well, at FedEx they did it like....." just friend*king do what you're told. Go out and smash your training route as best as you can, there are details outlining how to survive all over this forum is you use the search function. After you make book, methods, methods, methods. Always take your lunch and breaks. Even at starting rate you're giving away $4k every year if you skip your breaks.

Don't :censored2: it up.

Good luck.

ImReady

First time posting here. I start tomorrow. During peak season is overtime forced or voluntary? And usually how many hours per week do you work during peak season? I’m working overnight shift btw.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
First time posting here. I start tomorrow. During peak season is overtime forced or voluntary? And usually how many hours per week do you work during peak season? I’m working overnight shift btw.
All depends on your hub,last year at my hub peak wasn't all that I was getting around 6hours a day.But every hub is different.

tthenoob

[Premier Сasual Dating Authentic Maidens]
Hi guys, never received call for first official start day, was told on Friday that my name was emailed to manager and would be called over weekend. Never got call. Emailed lead and she repeated the same thing but said when trainer is available they will call me. Just want to make sure I'm not being railroaded. Or if I'm overreacting . Thanks

Hi guys, never received call for first official start day, was told on Friday that my name was emailed to manager and would be called over weekend. Never got call. Emailed lead and she repeated the same thing but said when trainer is available they will call me. Just want to make sure I'm not being railroaded. Or if I'm overreacting . Thanks
You're overreacting.

tthenoob

[Premier Сasual Dating Authentic Maidens]
day 2 went good. center was busy/chatoic first day so they just had me shadow a driver, was a good experience as he was a vet . basically same stuff yall have said. do the 30 and than BS all you want lol. i love the cardio aspect of it and just drinking 5 bottles and sweating them all out. texas heat dont play. anyways ill be back when my 30 days done

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
day 2 went good. center was busy/chatoic first day so they just had me shadow a driver, was a good experience as he was a vet . basically same stuff yall have said. do the 30 and than BS all you want lol. i love the cardio aspect of it and just drinking 5 bottles and sweating them all out. texas heat dont play. anyways ill be back when my 30 days done
Good luck

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What if you don’t make 30 days
Will you still come back?

beatupbrown

What if you don’t make 30 days
Will you still come back?
You bet some folks take a couple times, just give all you got bring water, Gatorade, this is like football practice. Bring a lunch don’t bother eating out yet, fact really you may need to just wolf down calories then get back to the grinder. Once you get your 30 days then take a full lunch you need to recharge and eat!!

I called the guy who had the route that I was training on asked him how to run it.

I was 1.5 hours over they told me I was not going to make it, they had never seen a person that far over and scratch it, this was not a training route . The regular driver was 2.5 hours over.
I started to run air with ground then I scratched it but now a days not sure if they will allow that with the high-tech tracking?

Once I did that drove fast ran my ass off but you do that now you are getting into unsafe situations you really need to focus.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You bet some folks take a couple times, just give all you got bring water, Gatorade, this is like football practice. Bring a lunch don’t bother eating out yet, fact really you may need to just wolf down calories then get back to the grinder. Once you get your 30 days then take a full lunch you need to recharge and eat!!

I called the guy who had the route that I was training on asked him how to run it.

I was 1.5 hours over they told me I was not going to make it, they had never seen a person that far over and scratch it, this was not a training route . The regular driver was 2.5 hours over.
I started to run air with ground then I scratched it but now a days not sure if they will allow that with the high-tech tracking?

Once I did that drove fast ran my ass off but you do that now you are getting into unsafe situations you really need to focus.
Words of wisdom. Did exactly this many years ago. You’re right about delivering air with ground nowadays, not sure that would fly. Hopefully they stop running after they make the list!

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Why aren't you allowed to deliver air with ground?

You can deliver ground with air as long as you don’t have late air afterwards. If you are going to have late air you have to do only air until 10:30 and then after that you can mix them. Unless you are instructed otherwise obviously.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You can deliver ground with air as long as you don’t have late air afterwards. If you are going to have late air you have to do only air until 10:30 and then after that you can mix them. Unless you are instructed otherwise obviously.
That’s it exactly. I’ll deliver air with ground any chance I get! I hate taking the same ground twice so to speak.

JoeOP

43 year old off the street 22.4 new hire here, long time doordash/uber driver and I need a change so I'm trying this route. Haven't started any driver training yet. The truck took a minute to get the feel of but had no problems with the road test on some pretty busy roadways.

Last edited:
43 year old off the street 22.4 new hire here, long time doordash/uber driver and I need a change so I'm trying this route. Haven't started any driver training yet. The truck took a minute to get the feel of but had no problems with the road test on some pretty busy roadways.
Not a bad gig, you should get Saturdays off and the pay you deserve in the next eight years or so.

Good luck.

Last edited: