engrey

My buddy applied and was told to come today at 2 for orientation then training right after for package handler. He got there but with the wrong credentials, the lady told him to reschedule but when he got home he went to the ups-jobs website and can't find it anywhere. Is there a way to reschedule your orientation on the website or anyway in general?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My buddy applied and was told to come today at 2 for orientation then training right after for package handler. He got there but with the wrong credentials, the lady told him to reschedule but when he got home he went to the ups-jobs website and can't find it anywhere. Is there a way to reschedule your orientation on the website or anyway in general?
Nope your friend only gets one chance and he blew it
Try Again next year

Hi. I applied online for a part-time Package Handler position. Hours 5am - 10am, Monday-Friday. I was offered the job online and am supposed to start 10/18. I assume UPS goes through a lot of Package Handlers because I didn't even have a phone interview, let alone meet in-person. Either way -

What are the chances of someone working more than 25 hours per week as a Package Handler?
Could a Package Handler also work as a Truck Helper in the afternoon?
What are the chances of becoming a Driver after the holiday season?

I've read online and was told by UPS drivers that they started as Package Handlers, worked in the warehouse for x years and eventually became drivers. It seemed like they paid their dues. However, I've seen ads recently advertising driver jobs. Either UPS needs drivers or the usual path has been changed.

For what it is worth, I'm a small 52 year old male who works as a CCA for the USPS. When I was applying to the USPS, a UPS driver told me I wouldn't be able to hack it with UPS because of the physical aspects of the job and that USPS would be better for me. The USPS is easy, but I'm not working much. Beyond that, while delivering the mail, I met a UPS driver who looked older than me and as if he was straining. He said something about it UPS was supposed to be a part-time job for him, but he was working alot.

My concerns are if being a Package Handler for a few months will help me become a Driver within 6 months? If not, it might not be worth it. Assuming I could become a Driver in 6 months or so, could I handle it.

Thanks for any information/opinions.

What are the chances of someone working more than 25 hours per week as a Package Handler?

100%

Most likely

Almost zero

You're old af, but I've seen people do it with less. Good luck!

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Hi. I applied online for a part-time Package Handler position. Hours 5am - 10am, Monday-Friday. I was offered the job online and am supposed to start 10/18. I assume UPS goes through a lot of Package Handlers because I didn't even have a phone interview, let alone meet in-person. Either way -

I've read online and was told by UPS drivers that they started as Package Handlers, worked in the warehouse for x years and eventually became drivers. It seemed like they paid their dues. However, I've seen ads recently advertising driver jobs. Either UPS needs drivers or the usual path has been changed.

For what it is worth, I'm a small 52 year old male who works as a CCA for the USPS. When I was applying to the USPS, a UPS driver told me I wouldn't be able to hack it with UPS because of the physical aspects of the job and that USPS would be better for me. The USPS is easy, but I'm not working much. Beyond that, while delivering the mail, I met a UPS driver who looked older than me and as if he was straining. He said something about it UPS was supposed to be a part-time job for him, but he was working alot.

My concerns are if being a Package Handler for a few months will help me become a Driver within 6 months? If not, it might not be worth it. Assuming I could become a Driver in 6 months or so, could I handle it.

A lot of places are hiring people with under a year of package handling to drive. It depends what your building’s needs are. Very good chance you can work more than 25 hours during peak. Getting in as a part timer will help you if you want to go full time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you’re a small 52 year male you need to look elsewhere ups will chew you up and spit you out

PotentialJewishDriver

Fan of Matzo Balls
Hey guys, I just applied for a Package Delivery Driver position. I'm in the Niagara Falls NY area. I'm assuming it will be seasonal. Been delivering for Amazon for about two years. Does UPS look down on drivers from Amazon? I know there are some :censored2:ty Amazon drivers out there. I hope they don't lump us in all together lol.

I feel like UPS is the major leagues and where I want to be but it will suck to get let go in mid January after peak and be jobless. That said, I also have applications in with FedEx Express. I just really need to get away from Amazon.

Thanks for any advice.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Hey guys, I just applied for a Package Delivery Driver position. I'm in the Niagara Falls NY area. I'm assuming it will be seasonal. Been delivering for Amazon for about two years. Does UPS look down on drivers from Amazon? I know there are some :censored2:ty Amazon drivers out there. I hope they don't lump us in all together lol.

I feel like UPS is the major leagues and where I want to be but it will suck to get let go in mid January after peak and be jobless. That said, I also have applications in with FedEx Express. I just really need to get away from Amazon.

Thanks for any advice.
Why did you leave Amazon?

JoeOP

Passed interview, road test and dot. Driving school located 75 miles away in queens, NY. Yesterday on a federal holiday my total commute time back and forth was 4 hours 38 minutes. Didn't go back for day 2 today. Know my 5s and 10s verbatim and I'm pretty pissed off they pulled that on me. When did zoom classes stop?