burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have a question drivers.. I'm looking to make a jump from yrc to a feeder driver position with ups. Insurance is the same but I'm going to take a 4 dollar pay cut. Jumping to ups will bring me alot closer to home(gas wise) But the top pay after 4 years is alot for me. And also their pension. Any thoughts?
What makes you think ups would want you?
Don’t give me the I’am a hard worker and an awesome driver

And why is that
Because they over hired last year. Things are starting to slow down and the last place you want to be at right now is at the bottom of the seniority list.
We do not have a lot of feeder runs where I'm at but those guys are definitely working more preload hours than they are driving hours right now.

Bkim757

Because they over hired last year. Things are starting to slow down and the last place you want to be at right now is at the bottom of the seniority list.
We do not have a lot of feeder runs where I'm at but those guys are definitely working more preload hours than they are driving hours right now.
I'm not worried about hrs. Is there a pay difference if you get switched to preload hrs?

That's what I thought teamster.. I've been threw this before when I started at yrc. I know the hoops you have to jump through. We are in the same union right now so thx for saying if I qualify. I'll get the job guaranteed
If you get the job it's one thing but you will have no seniority.
I was talking to feed the driver a couple weeks ago and he at least has 20 years maybe with more seniority with the company.
And I asked him why you working night turn he said because it's slow.
2021 he worked 3 on night turn and so far this year he has worked 11 weeks on night turn.

I wish you well but this is not the time to jump ships.

Thebrownblob

Examples?
Examples of trades that pay well? Pretty much all of them. Union electricians are well over $60 an hour, and when they travel they get all kinds of extra benefits and pay, pipe layers are upwards of $50 an hour, elevator union can pay over $60 an hour as well. Not sure about plumbers but I’m sure they’re right up there.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Do we get July 4 th off ??
Also , what kind of shoes do we need and who do I talk to about aviation school , l want to bid a pilot job ? Thanks in advance . Oh and where can I get socks