UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

yes I can freelance. I just don't want to be seating in front of the computer all day. I think UPS would be better in the long run? I like to know what other's opinion on this.
If you want my honest opinion, I would suggest that you stay away from the package delivery industry. I started at 28 and that was considered old. Granted, I retired at 57 but, if I had to do it again, I would have used my degree.

Do yourself a favor-----hang out in your current job and take a one month leave of absence between Thanksgiving and Christmas to work as a Peak helper at UPS. That will give you a good feel for the job. Or, work at UPS either in the morning or at night, primarily for the benefits, and freelance during the day.

usernamechecksout

██████████
So I got verbally hired on PT/permanent as a preloader. I say that because my application online still says active. I’ve literally only signed one piece of paper (in person) and filled in the blanks of the employee workbook thing for feedback from supervisors. I wasn’t given a “hey I’m new safety vest”. And in the 2 emails I received both had 2 different $/hour (fifty cent difference). I’m also wondering if it’s UPS’ job to give me a copy of the national service agreement because they did not and there was no mention of union dues or the union at all. I’m also wondering if I’m actually hired *permanently*.
I also tried searching for these but maybe I could not find answers due to wording. Also apologies if these are faq lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I got verbally hired on PT/permanent as a preloader. I say that because my application online still says active. I’ve literally only signed one piece of paper (in person) and filled in the blanks of the employee workbook thing for feedback from supervisors. I wasn’t given a “hey I’m new safety vest”. And in the 2 emails I received both had 2 different $/hour (fifty cent difference). I’m also wondering if it’s UPS’ job to give me a copy of the national service agreement because they did not and there was no mention of union dues or the union at all. I’m also wondering if I’m actually hired *permanently*.
I also tried searching for these but maybe I could not find answers due to wording. Also apologies if these are faq lol
You’ve figured out how ups works congratulations it takes some many years to figure this out

TheCypriot

Hey, new hire here

So my first day is this coming Monday, I'm at the Toronto hub. Kind of a silly question, but do I or should I bring a lunch with me? Am I allowed to bring a bag with some stuff? It says it's an 8 hour orientation so just wanting to know what to expect... As well, do I have to dress in business casual as the ups tips say, or can I dress casual like I did for my road test?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey, new hire here

So my first day is this coming Monday, I'm at the Toronto hub. Kind of a silly question, but do I or should I bring a lunch with me? Am I allowed to bring a bag with some stuff? It says it's an 8 hour orientation so just wanting to know what to expect... As well, do I have to dress in business casual as the ups tips say, or can I dress casual like I did for my road test?
Bring a bag
If the tips say business casual why wouldn’t you dress business casual
Help me out here

TheCypriot

Bring a bag
If the tips say business casual why wouldn’t you dress business casual
Help me out here
I've just heard that it depends on the instructors, but I will dress accordingly just to be safe... I ask about the bag cause I'm diabetic and have MS... So can't be without food and water for long periods