Newbie22

Maybe I can get some advice. I have An interview for a “peak season driver” position tomorrow. Job description is pretty vague. Can anybody tell me what this Position entails? Is this worth my time ?

Lucius Rex

I was hired on as seasonal helper in November and was just rehired. They haven't taken any union dues from my check. Will they start now that I'm permanent?

WMcCool

Hi! Sorta of a new hire here. I've got a question. I was a seasonal package handler. Now I'm applying for an internship. The application requires a review of my previous experience with UPS before I can complete the application. It's been several days and the application still says "pending?" Can a fellow UPSer help me out here?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hi! Sorta of a new hire here. I've got a question. I was a seasonal package handler. Now I'm applying for an internship. The application requires a review of my previous experience with UPS before I can complete the application. It's been several days and the application still says "pending?" Can a fellow UPSer help me out here?

They haven't processed it yet and the application is still pending

WMcCool

Thanks. I thought I performed well as a seasonal. But the prolonged "pending" status has given me the impression(fear) that maybe I didn't do as well as I thought.

Albert Awol

Hey guys. I checked around and used the search, but I couldn't find the answer to my question (so I'm throwing it into here).

I started as a driver helped in Nov, moved to inside after season. After my 30 days I asked what I needed to do to drive and they said take a road test. I took it and passed it. I then had to do a DOT physical (which I passed) and I had to complete HR paperwork for "package driver" (which is done).

When I went to HR to see what else I needed to do, she said that the next step was school but she quantified it by saying that, "we won't be sending anyone there for a long while."

In your experience(s), how long does it normally take to go to driving school after all of the above is complete? I know I'm really fortunate being able to jump in and cover drive so early, but I also really want to get behind the wheel.

Thanks yall,

proyer

Hey guys. I checked around and used the search, but I couldn't find the answer to my question (so I'm throwing it into here).

I started as a driver helped in Nov, moved to inside after season. After my 30 days I asked what I needed to do to drive and they said take a road test. I took it and passed it. I then had to do a DOT physical (which I passed) and I had to complete HR paperwork for "package driver" (which is done).

When I went to HR to see what else I needed to do, she said that the next step was school but she quantified it by saying that, "we won't be sending anyone there for a long while."

In your experience(s), how long does it normally take to go to driving school after all of the above is complete? I know I'm really fortunate being able to jump in and cover drive so early, but I also really want to get behind the wheel.

Thanks yall,

It can take as long as 1-10 yrs, all depends on drivers retire, die or get fired. Then they take the next guy in line. Guys at my center have waited up to 6 years, Some 6 months.
Good luck

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It can take as long as 1-10 yrs, all depends on drivers retire, die or get fired. Then they take the next guy in line. Guys at my center have waited up to 6 years, Some 6 months.
Good luck
They should have waited on the DOT physical if they won't be sending him to class anytime soon. And they shouldn't have had him fill out the application if there aren't any driving spots open. "A long while" is relative, meaning "I don't know when you will be going to class, but I don't want to admit that."

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
For drivers: Stay hydrated. Get organized. Always keep your next few stops set up and ready to go on the shelf. Set up the bulk stops at the back on the floor so you can push them right out onto your cart at the stop. Keep your air deliveries, ground deliveries, air pickups, and ground pickups segregated. if you can, concentrate on businesses earlier in the day until you become accustomed to your route. You can always come back for residentials. Get a good flashlight or spotlight for finding house numbers in the dark and so you can see where you're walking. Take note of where you should be along the route at certain times of day to keep things running smooth. When in doubt, call for an air recovery, it's not worth getting back to the building with your air pickups late. Don't deliver late air, don't have missed pieces, don't have accidents or injuries, and follow the methods. As long as you do those four there's not much they can do to you.

For belt workers: Stay hydrated. You will be sore for the first couple weeks but your muscles will get used to it. Work as quick as you can but don't overexert yourself. You have nothing to prove; get help lifting heavier stuff. Make a game out of it: have races, tell jokes, or play jenga; it makes the time go much faster and more enjoyable.
I really posted this??? God, I sound like such a tool.

Hooner52

20180314_102256.png